The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

won't turn over

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avaien

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have a 99 gst. I was cruising at about 60 and my car died. It rolled to a stop and everything was dead. I looked at the fuses and the ignition switch had blown so I swapped it for the power windows. I got my power back but when I tried to start the car it wouldn't turn over. It will crank but not start. Yesterday I installed a walbro 255hp fuel pump and an aeromotive fpr. I set the fuel preasure at idle to about 45. Is the fuel pump dead? Is the engine clogged with fuel? Motor blown? what should I look for

When you turn the key to "ON" can you hear the fuel pump turn on. I have the same fuel pump and you can hear it when it kicks on. It sounds like a low hum. You said that it was turning over, do you have spark? Check your spark and see if you can hear your fuel pump first. When it is cranking can you hear it firing? Does it sound like it is at least trying to start?

if you cant hear it running from outside the car take the gas cap off and put ## ear up to it and have a friend turn the key on it u should hear it running.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back