The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wont Start Need Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost Freak 3

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2006
Schaumburg, Illinois
My car is a 1992 Galant vr-4. Okay have a couple of problems first we went to start the car and of course the battery is dead. When we tried charging it everything came on in the car but when I went to start it everything went away and it was making a clicking sound like it wanted to but couldnt turn over. So we tried the push the car and dump the clutch into gear but the car just came to a complet stop everytime it would just lock up and screech to a start. Were not sure though if you can do that on awd. Also when I put the coolant in it came right out by the timming cover. we firgered water pump but not sure whats wrong. PLAESE ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT!!!

For the water coming out of the timing cover, it could be the weep holes on the water pump. Look into that a little farther and see what you find. Check all your fuses and your battery connection. Not have a good enough connection can cause all the clicking under the hood.

IF the batt is completely dead it might not charge up again [loses memory] also if the batt that dead it wont jumpstart, dont forget you need power to the fuel pump and ecu to start the car. Charge batt and load test it.

+1 for the bettary. Put a new one or charge the old one, take the connectors off the clean them with a metal brush. Then spray them with a terminal protector from autoparts store, it should prevent corosion from happening. If it dont crank then check why, if you are getting power the starter, if it does crank but dont start then you have some other problem. Check fuel pressure, spark and fuses and things in that nature.

Cool sounds good were charging the battery over nigh so will see what happens but the leaking from the timming cover and the car going to a dead hult still scarys me any ideas

If it coolant leaks from the cover then it might be water pump or could also be the o-ring on the water pipe and good forbid a head gasket, once you start it then you will see where it is leaking from if not then pressurize the coolant system and see it then.

Good Luck

my car made the clicking noises a while back and i went and double checked the fuses and secured the connection on the starter and one of the connections was loose and went i secured that it started fine. just double check everything

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back