The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

wiseco 1400hd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrs187

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
sutherland, Iowa
ok so ive been searching for a couple hours on these pistons. I have read good things and bad. Is there a better piston out there then these? i can buy them at a pretty good price and there coming with eagle h-beams. i know the rods are good but i want to make sure im not going to end up ****ing myself in the end of this.

What makes you NOT want these pistons? They will handle whatever you throw at them....

i read on one post on here where some guys piston broke and another guy said that the clearence is really close and thats not a good thing. so i take it by these 2 comments that there is not a better piston then these 1400hd's? from the prices i see all over the internet im getting the combo for about 400 or 450 off what there going for and there still in the box. so would i be stupid to pass them up

i read on one post on here where some guys piston broke and another guy said that the clearence is really close and thats not a good thing. so i take it by these 2 comments that there is not a better piston then these 1400hd's? from the prices i see all over the internet im getting the combo for about 400 or 450 off what there going for and there still in the box. so would i be stupid to pass them up

The clearance? The piston to wall clearance is going to be by spec of what your power goals will be. There will also be a paper the pistons come with that will list ALL the appropriate specs to give to your machinist. Now the OLDER standard Wisecos have been known to fail at the piston skirt. Hairline cracks...failing wrist pin. But as far as I know with the new HD...you cant go wrong

At the moment, you'd be hard pressed to find a better piston than the Wiseco 1400HDs. I have run the same set for over 2 full racing seasons running 28-30psi through my FP3065 running low-10s all day. Jeff Bush's 1G auto drag car also runs 1400HDs and he's the fastest AWD automatic DSM in the world running sub-8.50s, including several 8.3x passes at well over 1000awhp. I'd say you'll be fine!

thanks guys for the quick reply's ill be going and getting these tomorrow as soon as i can. now i need to find a machine shop that can do my block work for me asap.

The HD pistons are the best.The regular ones had a tendancy to crack the skirts.Definitly love the HD ones they take all the abuse.

i just got home from getting them. i thought he said they were 20 over but there stock bore so now i have to figure out if i need to get a ring reamer or if i can get away with just honing it out. i think i need to start a build log.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back