The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Will this FMIC look good on a 97+ dsm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

there used to be sooooooo many great IC options for the DSM. These days, people seem to be all about rebadged Chinese intercoolers... =/ very unfortunate that so many quality fabrication shops have complete turned away from the DSM word because of how much everyone seems to believe in inferior quality for less money. I know that there is such a thing as only being able to afford so much but there is soooo much bad info out there when it comes to parts like intercoolers.

Hell, my second DSM didn't look "great" with the smaller intercooler core that the previous owner had on it but the car had an EVO III 16G, it was ideal for that configuration and it was great.

there used to be sooooooo many great IC options for the DSM. These days, people seem to be all about rebadged Chinese intercoolers... =/ very unfortunate that so many quality fabrication shops have complete turned away from the DSM word because of how much everyone seems to believe in inferior quality for less money. I know that there is such a thing as only being able to afford so much but there is soooo much bad info out there when it comes to parts like intercoolers.

Hell, my second DSM didn't look "great" with the smaller intercooler core that the previous owner had on it but the car had an EVO III 16G, it was ideal for that configuration and it was great.

So true when I'm trying to find parts for my car 50% of what I find is China knock off products:confused:

It's not just the quality of the welds that make it a good intercooler. For the core itself, look at the density of the fins (as in fins per inch of core length), and also how the fins are designed. The more fins there are then the more surface area you have to dissipate heat (more surface area = more convection). I think some people over look this when looking for a quality intercooler. I'm not trying to be a hypocrite since I have an EBAY FMIC (i'm not saying it's the best FMIC or even good for that matter), but just giving you some food for thought.

Have there been any side by side tests that compare the ebay intercoolers to the other kits that are more expensive? I would really like the see the cooling differences and the pressure losses.

Its like 97eclipsent said. The more fins and more surface space, there is more cooling. IMO, its about longevity of the product. Cheap parts will not last as long as other's with quality parts. Ebay FMIC's may never give you a problem. But a PR fmic or a brand with a reputation like so will come with ease of mind and usually a warranty.
If I'm hitting the track and the ebay fmic vs the pr fmic, I'd be a lot more confident in the pr fmic. Ebay gives me a bad vibe and uneasy feeling.

The core Im running allowed me to keep my fogs. I know its not a name brand but it works for me.
Turbo Intercooler

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why only fit a "97" are the 95-96/98 Different? :p

wow, I didn't realize the intercoolers have become a "how's it look product" in the DSM world. You should be more concerned with how will this intercooler perform with you turbo setup.

Not true at all. Intercooler vary A LOT in quality. Compare the performance of this kit or any of the other Ebay stuff mentioned to something by ETS and such and you will see a difference in heat exchange and while i'm not expert.... I'm pretty sure that that is the purpose of an intercooler.

i have a big fmic for my 2g that i bought on ebay and it works awesome that is after replacing the cheap tbolt clamps ebay gives you which caused alot of boost leaks

look my gallery, fmic kit should be able to keep fog lights...

I have that intercooler, I think it looks sweet on my car.

Sorry for the crappy, small cell phone pics. I'll try to get some actual pics soon.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I didn't realize the intercoolers have become a "how's it look product" in the DSM world. You should be more concerned with how will this intercooler perform with you turbo setup.

this.

Goes way beyond intercoolers. Rims, turbos, coilovers, exhaust....and then it's "why did my $200 FMIC leak", or "why did I melt my ebay T3/T4" (LOL) or "I bent my Volk knock-off, how come?".....it's a DSM thing I guess.....:toobad:...wasn't always that way.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back