The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Will this engine bolt up to my 98 gst

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gstdsmboi

Proven Member
Jul 31, 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
im confused about which engine to get, i have a 98 gst with 165,000 and im looking to replace the engine, why is the engine like 400 dollars cheaperwithout the cam angle sensor when the cam angle sensor is only like 20 bucks? and also will this engine bolt right up to my 98 gst 4G63 DOHC Turbo Engine only (Without cam angle sensor) 95-99 - Mitsubishi
and can i just use my cam angle sensor from my old engine? thanks for the help

It will bolt in, but you will need to swap some external parts. That engine looks to be from an Evo or some variation of galant due to the intake and thermostat housing.

oh ok so i can use my old cam angle sensor? and do you know if i will have to change any mounts or anything

There is only one mount on the engine. You might have to change the bracket,on the block. You will also have to change the thermostat housing and throttle body for your inter cooler pipe to hook up properly. It will depend on what year the motor came from to determine if your cam sensor will work. Early engines will have the cam sensor behind the cam gear, and later engines will have it by the thermostat housing. If it is the early version than you will either need to use the I take cam from your old engine, or tap the cam for the cam sensor trigger bolt.

yes that will bolt in just a little tidbit that a rvr block. the signs are the intake and turbo :)
thins you will need or swap
map adapter or swap intake
jpipe to use the 13b or turbo swap
that it i did the swap in a 96 talon

Attachments

• rvr.jpg
    rvr.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back