The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Will this coolant bottle work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlanZero

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2013
Easton, Pennsylvania
This $20 ebay bottle has one port at the bottom. If I connect the hose from the tstat housing to this will it still function properly? Not sure if gravity plays a role in the normal operation of the reservoir.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Technically yes it would. usually you'll want them vented at the top so it's not working against a pressurized or vacuumed system. Could add a vented cap or a breather with baffle if you wanted.

As I replied in your catch can thread, I have this bottle as well.... you will need a vent but it works fine. I just put a small hole near the top with a hose barb. I made the mistake of not venting it and I got coolant seepage coming from the water neck. After drilling the seepage stopped. Lesson learned....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back