1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Will this A/C system O-ring kit fit?

Posted by Hickory-NC-2Ggsx, Jun 26, 2019

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Hickory-NC-2Ggsx

Hickory-NC-2Ggsx Proven Member

Joined Dec 27, 2018
    Lincolnton, North Carolina
    Hey guys i need to know if this kit comes with all the necessary seals to put my ac condensor back in. Ive put a 1k miles on rebuild and i was just in a hurry when i put it back in the car. But now its getting hotter out and its my daily i need ac back in my life. Lol. But this is what i came up with let me know! Screenshot_2019-06-26-13-36-02.png

Street Build 357  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  3. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    I took my ac off very carefully and don't remember any seals other than orings. I just asked my son, sitting here next to me and he couldn't remember any either but I did not take the lines off of the compressor (do they come off, LOL?). That kit should have all the orings you need and should be able to go to your local parts store and negotiate with them like I always do. I use a light coat of PAG or our oil for our systems on the orings when I do ac work.
    Suck a vacuum on it and let it sit for a hr to check for leaks. If it still has its vacuum it started with you are golden, start putting some freon in it until it feels good. Don't overfill though or you'll blow a compressor seal.
    I do not claim to be a professional but do all my own and others.
    35-45 low side
    250-300 max high side.

280  17

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 404  4

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 3K  21

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

Street Build 5K  11  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM

4K  24

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.612 @ 107.760 · 1G DSM
  4. Hickory-NC-2Ggsx

Hickory-NC-2Ggsx Proven Member

Joined Dec 27, 2018
    Lincolnton, North Carolina
    Yeah thats what i was more wanting to know if that had all the right ones. I couldnt remember if it had any of the flat crush type seals or regular orings. Yeah i took the line off the compressor also. And i plan on taking it to a old shop i used to work at to recharge it. So that way its done right. If anything ill goto mitsubishi and get a print out of all the seals and make sure.

Street Build 357  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM