The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Why is my ecu like this? also what are these wires....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1L3S

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 1, 2012
maple grove, Minnesota
wires running to the ecu, they are the white thick o2 wires, but why would they be grounded out? i spliced one open. on the right spliced open one, left how it looked before(there are 2)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

better picture

also these are where the radio goes, any idea?

the reason im doing all of this, is because i can not get a scan tool to read the ecu. ive checked all fuses, now im trying all the wires, the car has a turbo timer and aftermarket keyless entry and remote start if that changes anything???:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• wire 1.jpg
    wire 1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 168
  • wire 2.jpg
    wire 2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 159
  • wire 3.jpg
    wire 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 161
  • wire 4.jpg
    wire 4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 166
The o2 sensors are grounded through the ECU. That silver stuff is the braided shielding to make sure the ECU gets a good signal. Does your stereo work? The multi pin connector near the head unit goes to the factory amp or cd changer, and the other one is your antenna wire. As for the scan tool not connecting, there are 2 fuses in a yellow cage inside the underhood fuse box. If either is blown, the obd connector wont work. When you hook up a scanner, does it light up when you connect it? if not, id be tracing the power wire for the obd port. hope this helps

The o2 sensors are grounded through the ECU. That silver stuff is the braided shielding to make sure the ECU gets a good signal. Does your stereo work? The multi pin connector near the head unit goes to the factory amp or cd changer, and the other one is your antenna wire. As for the scan tool not connecting, there are 2 fuses in a yellow cage inside the underhood fuse box. If either is blown, the obd connector wont work. When you hook up a scanner, does it light up when you connect it? if not, id be tracing the power wire for the obd port. hope this helps

the wires an first two pictures look like they were home made??? but the two fuses are good. i think its the ecu. the obd connected when i unplugged ecu and replugged it in again.

the wires an first two pictures look like they were home made??? but the two fuses are good. i think its the ecu. the obd connected when i unplugged ecu and replugged it in again.

I also ran into these wires when wiring up my Wideband. Believe it or not, the green wires with what looks like packing tape are stock. I got rid of all of it and grounded the O2 sensor and knock sensor to the ECU ground. But if your not having issues, then I'd leave it alone.

I also ran into these wires when wiring up my Wideband. Believe it or not, the green wires with what looks like packing tape are stock. I got rid of all of it and grounded the O2 sensor and knock sensor to the ECU ground. But if your not having issues, then I'd leave it alone.

i must have a loose wire somewhere, because it reas sometimes, then it dosent read. it is very frustrating, WTF

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back