The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Who makes OEM?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G-zuz

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 26, 2011
Lawton, Oklahoma
Does Mitsubishi make these parts and if not which manufacturer does? Water pump, timing belt, timing belt idler pulley, timing belt tensioner pulley, oil pump, and etcetera. I did a search on some of the individual parts, but some of the posts were either inconsistent or vague.

For the most part they have a certain Mitsu approved manufacturer make those parts. Of you are looking to buy all that get them they mitsubishiparts.com or STM or extremepsi, best places in my opinion to buy and get genuine oem parts! You can buy all those parts from STM/extreme in a package kit and save alittle, that's what I like to do! :) STM $6 to ship anything you order

Who are the "Mitsu approved manufacturer"? I'm asking this mainly because there is a mark up between manufacturers and dealers. I was also seeing some posts on the site that say the OEM timing idler pulley and timing tensioner pulley is made by GMB and supposedly the water pump is made by Gates, but then someone else said Aisin. I mainly wanted to know where or by what company the auto tensioner for the timing belt is made.

Go to the vendors and grab one that makes parts for your car, what mark up, vendors sell same things around the same price. What part are you unsure isn't oem.

Alright, I'm asking who makes the parts for Mitsubishi? Like for example the 7.3 IDI diesel has glow plugs that are made by Beru, but they are OEM. Buell has brake calipers that are made by Nissin and they are OEM. Toyota Sienna has shocks that are made by KYB and they are OEM. These parts that come from the factory are Original Equipment Manufacturer parts.

I believe Gates make the OEM timing belt for our 1gen and 2gen dsm . Or Gates timing belt is the same as the OEM 1gen and 2gen dsm belts. And im not sure who makes the other oem stuff you mentioned.

I believe Gates make the OEM timing belt for our 1gen and 2gen dsm . Or Gates timing belt is the same as the OEM 1gen and 2gen dsm belts. And im not sure who makes the other oem stuff you mentioned.

So what evidence do you have of this? I tried searching for it and I even tried looking for it on Google, but I did not find anything.

The original belts were made by Mitsuboshi, though Mitsubishi now uses Dayco for the replacements, the pumps were made by Aisin, the tensioner pulleys are made by NTN (bearing company) not sure who made the hydraulic tensioner, possibly Aisin.

So what evidence do you have of this? I tried searching for it and I even tried looking for it on Google, but I did not find anything.

:ohdamn:your Google must be broken, any site that sells oem quality replacement timing parts, CLEARLY states (on their page/description of item) that they are made by GATES , and that GATES makes oem parts for Mitsubishi.

:ohdamn:your Google must be broken, any site that sells oem quality replacement timing parts, CLEARLY states (on their page/description of item) that they are made by GATES , and that GATES makes oem parts for Mitsubishi.

OEM quality and OEM part are two different things. Google is only as smart as the driver.

Mitsubishi hasn't published who the OEM was for any DSM parts. You usually find out by locating an original part number or logo on the parts.

I have no personal experience, but ive seen some pretty rare OEM stuff come out of jnztuning. I would go there first. Ask questions, see if they;ll help out.
Pistons, i believe, are NPR. If that matters

Who are the "Mitsu approved manufacturer"?
There is no single manufacturer of OEM parts. There are potentially many, it depends on the type of part. Also, it's not a static thing, over the years, the manufacturer of a particular part may change several times. Also, a part manufactured by company "x" as an OEM part is NOT necessarily the same as a similar non-OEM part by the same company. Potentially different specs, different quality control, different facility, etc, etc.

Nabco supply for practically every new Japanese make of vehicle, like the carb/throttle bodies are made by Mitsumi ..

Nippondenso ("Denso") does a lot of ignition and AC setups for the Asian vehicles where Bosch does for the European setups.

It's cheaper to outsource than to build them yourself.

The original belts were made by Mitsuboshi, though Mitsubishi now uses Dayco for the replacements, the pumps were made by Aisin, the tensioner pulleys are made by NTN (bearing company) not sure who made the hydraulic tensioner, possibly Aisin.

Where did you last see evidence of Aisin making the hydraulic tensioner? I also heard as well that Aisin made the OEM water pumps, but I saw this posted on another thread and in the same thread other posters said the bearing has a tendency to fail and cause the pump to leak coolant or something of that nature anyway. I appreciate those of you who have chimed in with helpful information. Those of you who did not, you know who you are. :tease:

Mitsubishi hasn't published who the OEM was for any DSM parts. You usually find out by locating an original part number or logo on the parts.

I bought a Contitech Timing belt kit a few years ago, and the numbers on both the timing and balance shaft belt were the same as the OEM part numbers. While this may not be the case now, just thought I'd share.

like the carb/throttle bodies are made by Mitsumi ..

did you mean to say Mikuni?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back