The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

WHO CAN'T GET THEIR CARS INTO GEAR? I know I CAN'T!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97GST6bolt

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 19, 2004
D'Town, Texas
I've been reading posts in this forum trying to figure out why my car won't go into gear, even after replacing the master and slave cylinder, bleeding the sh|t out of it, adjusted the master rod all the way out, and even installed a 1/4 extended slave rod (there goes $40!)
:mad:
How many people have either bent or broke a clutch fork? Is it really that easy? I've heard sooo many mixed stories on this. All I know is I am about to pull my tranny and this sh|t is pissing me off!!!! If it's not one thing it's another with this damn car! :barf:

I have a act2600 in my car and it was installed over 4 months ago and have had NO problems up until I lost pedal pressure over a week ago and STILL can't get this car into gear! :mad:

The only wierd thing I've noticed is that it makes a sqeeking/creeking sound in the tranny when you push the clutch pedal in and the slave moves the fork.

Oh, and I have over 2" of play in my pedal! :thumbdown

sounds like something is definatly not right LOL, you say the master and slave are new. check hoses and hard lines. you spoke as though you have a 1g since you say you adjusted the rod.

check to make sure your pedal assym isn't falling apart. Taboo shows how to check this i believe there are a few other pplaces that talk about it also.

will it not go into any gears at all?, also check to make sure that your tranny bolts havn't backed out, primarily the one that faces the passenger side of the car.

I've done it all but pulling the tranny... and that NOT going to be fun or FREE! :thumbdown

I hate this car.

Runs for 2 months, down for 3 every goddamn time!

resting your hand on the shifter??? :rolleyes:

does that really have anything to do with this thread... :confused:

My tranny did that too. I was racing a kid in a turboed Crystler Charger one day and when I went to grab 3rd it slipped in real nice. Never to come out again. I ended up replacing the tranny. Then the next tranny litteraly exploded. Check your fluid level, 2.8 qts not a drop more. If your stuck in a gear while the car is running but not while its off then it would be a clutch prob. But if it dosnt even go into gear when its off then I would have to say that you could of broke the shift fork. If you do decide to fix it make sure that you use pennzoil syncromesh 85/90 full synthetic.
:dsm: mike

The car is stuck in nuetral not in a gear...

and the transmission makes a squeeking noise when I push the clutch in. WTF?

the fork is centered so im pretty sure its not bent.

anyone ideas? :confused:

I have replaced the Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder, changed Fluid, adjusted the Master Rod out, installed a Slave Rod Extension and a ACT 2600. Bled like crazy. Just like you!!

Then I noticed play and found out that I might need to weld my clutch assembly. The ACT clutch requires much more pressure which would cause the assembly to fail. Here's a link to TabooSpeedShop for the process which I'm about to perform.

http://www.taboospeedshop.com/clutch_pedal_assembly.htm

I hope it helps...

same problem here.

Same clutch too. 2600 w/ an XACT fly. I have the taboo extended rod on the way. I have the pedal adjusted all the way out. I'm just not getting enough pressure to disengage the clutch all the way. grinds when i try to shift...especially in reverse. I hope to hell the rod will work for me.

Ok, this seems to have turned into a flame post.. I've had this problem, and replaced the master/slave, blead it, new clutch.. everything. Finally I ripped it all back apart, and bought a new fork. Works like a charm! The clutch is now a good 6 inches off the floor. This is as compared to before, when it was right on the floor, and would grind as I tried to put it into gear. Problem solved.

Did you clutch make a squeeking noise when pushing it in? Did you drive it hard and bend it or was it just normal driving. Any signs to look for?? :confused: other than the obvious... no going into gear :rolleyes:

I'm trying to figure out if thats what I did, so I dont tear out the tranny for nothing.

i have heard of a few cases where the springs come off the pressure plate on the ACT models which causes this same problem your having. Sorry to say but, I would pull the trans since this just happened out of no where when you were racing. I am saying most likely Pressure Plate damage.

Good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back