The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

whirring noise coming from rear passenger area

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diab0liK

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
I've noticed over the last week or so, when my car is running, there's a fairly high pitch whirring noise that is constant while my car is running. It seems to be coming from the passenger side rear seat, which would lead me to believe it might be something related to the fuel pump.

The strange part is though, that it seems to fluctuate w/ the electrical stuff in the car, for instance, if the turn signal is going, the noise goes intermittently, at the same time the turn signal clicks. Also, the pitch changes if I roll down the windows, and dips down when I turn on the headlights, etc.

It kind of sounds like alternator whine, but the funny thing is, I don't have any speakers hooked up at the moment, so I find that to be rather difficult :p

:dsm:diab0liK:dsm:

definately your fuel pump. If you have anything aftermarket, it'll do that. If it's stock.. your fuel pump may be going south..

Alright, I'll take a look and find out if it's stock or not. At least it's only like $90 for a nice walbro 255 lph.

Good thing I didn't sleep last night, and have to stay up for the rest of the day....friday's are fun.

:dsm:diab0liK:dsm:

Maybe the person before you had a walbro 255 installed and you didn't know it :p

Thats exactly what it sounds like when you upgrade your Fuelpump to a higher flowing one.

I have a extra stock fuel pump if you need it PM me.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back