The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

which intercooler would be best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psssshvalve

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 22, 2004
Hillside, New_Jersey
i got a small 16g on my 1gen and wondering which intercooler to go with...i was thinking of a bar and plate design and about 20-23x10x3...i have a 92. anyone with a 92 think different of what size i should get...? dont really want the radiator to get blocked off then my car starts overheating...but then again i dont want anything too small and i want side to side flow too....any suggestions? thanks :thumb:

You wont get overheating with a large core. I have the sbr race core and my temps are never over 180 unless I'm sitting in traffic forever, but thats what cooling fans are for.

that size is fine. but keep in mind that your bumper opening is probably 7-8" tall. you'll have to cut your bumper to maximize airflow.

btw, check out johnny racecar or JR's FMIC here.. a search will wield you threads of these two eBay intercoolers :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back