The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Where are the FWDs at????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car is looking mean:rocks: How you do ET wise with your current setup?

Thank you guys!! Theres more left to do, but best pass so far is a 10.8 @ 135mph on 27psi boost.. SMH i know... at the same time we are dealing with 2.6 60ft, because we cant get it to stall and build enough boost, so we are bogging it.

Last pass of the day we bumped the 2 step to 5k rpm and the transfer gear decided to quit and exit making a windiw in the back of the trans.. :hellyeah:

Part of getting it dial in!

More to come!

How light have you guys got your 2g track only cars? Ours was at 2095 last year with out driver. We are trying to find carbon or fiberglass hood doors and hatch for this year.

Geez that's still heavy in comparison to my 1g fwd :cool:

Thank you guys!! Theres more left to do, but best pass so far is a 10.8 @ 135mph on 27psi boost.. SMH i know... at the same time we are dealing with 2.6 60ft, because we cant get it to stall and build enough boost, so we are bogging it.

Last pass of the day we bumped the 2 step to 5k rpm and the transfer gear decided to quit and exit making a windiw in the back of the trans.. :hellyeah:

More to come!

I think I saw you post something on FB about it being the transfer gears? I know kiggly in fwd form was having issues with the front diff staying put. He sells a girdle for it. Might look into it.

You going to be at the last IFO in Vegas?

I think I saw you post something on FB about it being the transfer gears? I know kiggly in fwd form was having issues with the front diff staying put. He sells a girdle for it. Might look into it.

Yea I know its not the lightest but we are working on it. Doing a tube front end and dash bar for this year hopefully we can get under 1999 without driver for this year.

More to come!

I hear you on that. It's all a part of getting it dialed in. Coming up shortly in the NW we have back to back IFO events on MAY 25 and JUNE 1. I'm taking my car out this weekend for a few shakedown passes to get some seat time. It's been 2 years since I raced and I'm nervous AF.

Keep us all updated tho, your setup is ultra clean!

Here is a vid I found on HT. Your car is shown doing a burnout @ the 2:30 mark.

http://www.thefoat.com/OsosikMedia/video/IFO+Las+Vegas+May+4+2014/video_id-mWYlLaL83OMefu93Ft%2BA6w%3D%3D

Last edited:

I still havent gotten the chance to pull the trans out but i belive he sells the diff saddle for it.. I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Late update. Surprisingly, I won the FWD class at IFO woodburn due to the number 1 qualifier wrecking. Made 3 passes total with a best of 10.2 @ 136. Car weighs 2250lbs with me in it. Makes about 440hp. Retuned the car before the seattle IFO event but did not have enough time to get it dialed in. Big shout out to the entire English Racing Crew for making it possible for me to race.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Its alive!!! Fired it up on Friday and its off for a tune this week

Its alive!!! Fired it up on Friday and its off for a tune this week

Wow! Crazy fat, full tread front tires you've got there. Why no slicks? Looks good though and I love the license plate. :D

It will have 26X10 slicks on the front, the other tyres are for fitment and rolling around etc

Dyno time is done, and I'm very happy with the result. We had it running on E85 and when we switched
over to methanol it fired up and sounded even angrier. Took it to the boys at GT Auto Garage and used their hub dyno
it took only 4 runs on the dyno and it was done. 570hp(430kw) at the front wheels through the auto
Aldo Auto(winner)26 psi, methanol, 18 deg timing, Garrett GTX 3076, and a standard Hyundai intake manifold and throttle.
Making full boost by 3200 and will rev to 9500 if needed.
Vid up soon, the rpm scaling is wrong 6000=3000 12000=9000

Attachments

• 20140617_120153.jpeg
    20140617_120153.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 112
Im hoping so, It should weigh in around 2150-2200 with me in it(240) so im guessing around 145-150 trap

link to video

Dyno time is done, and I'm very happy with the result. We had it running on E85 and when we switched
over to methanol it fired up and sounded even angrier. Took it to the boys at GT Auto Garage and used their hub dyno
it took only 4 runs on the dyno and it was done. 570hp(430kw) at the front wheels through the auto
Aldo Auto(winner)26 psi, methanol, 18 deg timing, Garrett GTX 3076, and a standard Hyundai intake manifold and throttle.
Making full boost by 3200 and will rev to 9500 if needed.
Vid up soon, the rpm scaling is wrong 6000=3000 12000=9000

link to video

Wow! Great dyno numbers and sounds great in the video too. Nice work and good luck with it once it hits the track! :thumb:

For those that didnt see it on the other thread

Ran the ol fwd at the track..its was 100 and no prep but i got 13.0@108 on lower boost (18psi) ran a new mustang gt (best he got was 14.1) beat on a srt4, gsr integra , spoon sports s2k, a built Audi s4 and wasnt to far off a gt500 stang time (12.5) not to shabby for a budget fwd

My cheap 12 sec dookie 2g
Justin's world record 14b fwd

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back