The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Whats everyone doing to their DSM this winter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my car is getting a 2500 body work job to get it back to stock condition. color change from white to black. then i am getting a set of rims. lowering springs, fuel mods and of course being stored. also gonna try for interior work. then in the summer its all out with go fast mods.

FULLY built 2.4 (cams etc. too), lighten the hell out of it, 6 point cage, try and pull the heater core (emphasis on try;)) if i have enough money i have a 93 tranny in the garage thats going to shep for a full race build. PTE ball bearing 56 trim turbo, 880 injectors, 1g dsmlink, 75 shot, crane ignition, couple of smaller things that i cant remember. hoping to hit the street next summer with at least 500 to the ground. wish i could find an AWD dyno in this part of the country......

As of now, just fixing what is broken, with upgraded parts by the way. New head, to replace the broken one, and a whole lot of maintenence. Cleaning out the engine bay of broken A/C and broken ABS. Hopefully, depending on money, exhaust, ic pipes, and maybe the full auto to manual conversion?? Also plan on finishing my ripped apart interior.
We'll have to see how much money I can raise this year and such.

--Kyle :talon:

peregrine said:
FULLY built 2.4 (cams etc. too), lighten the hell out of it, 6 point cage, try and pull the heater core (emphasis on try;)) if i have enough money i have a 93 tranny in the garage thats going to shep for a full race build. PTE ball bearing 56 trim turbo, 880 injectors, 1g dsmlink, 75 shot, crane ignition, couple of smaller things that i cant remember. hoping to hit the street next summer with at least 500 to the ground. wish i could find an AWD dyno in this part of the country......
Take a trip out to the Bay Area here in CA, and we'll do a dyno day :) we have a couple AWD dynos out here.

Defiant said:
Such as, finding a smog mechanic :D
I'm actually doing everything possible to keep it within the sniffer limits... but yes, I may need a friend to help get me past the visual. I'm down to one last connection - I used to know 3 or 4 guys who could help. It's not so easy these days.

I'll be breakin in my new 6-bolt in the dead middle of winter as well, but I dont' have a choice.

Yes, AWD was meant for snow!!! So I WILL be using it to the fullest :thumb:

driving it with the top down :thumb:

Nothing big for me, just a small 16G and all the supporting mods to make it go zoom.

Ludachris said:
It's not so easy these days.

That probably has something to do with the $10,000 fine shops can get for helping with that stuff. I'm not going to enjoy smogging my car in a year or so. :thumbdown to Cali emissions.

This winter I'm going to be working to save money for mods. :thumbdown x2

driving it when i can after rebuild the head....then new suspension mods...skunk2 coilovers...haven't decided what shocks, full pro-thane suspension bushings, new rims, tenzo R five stars, whatever else i can do. :thumb:

Storing it ... Engine Rebuild... New intake manifold... AVC-R.... S-AFC II... body kit... FMIC... new head if i get the money with HKS Cams... and new tires all the way around..

Dsmlink for christmas :D , ported 14b, ported mani and o2, 255 pump w/ AFPR, injectors, and maybe some suspension if I have the money :thumb:

6 bolt swap. A fun rebuild to get me into the 11's or low-mid 12's i hope. Also want 400-500 whp. We will see though.

i am gonna store it for the winter naturally, i hate wisconsin. also put in my 16g, injectors, fuel pump, safc and some other things. i would love to work out all the little bugs from the 1g swap into the 2g. all with time. i also have a winter beater for sale @

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&rd=1&item=4504386189&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

someone should buy that great winter beater :), my other winter car is a audi cs 5000 turbo quattro :)
sorry to any mod's if ebay links are prohibited on this forum. i know they were on SHOFORUM.COM

Driving like a grandma so it will last another winter. 1year strong no problems, minus that one tranny swap. Oh and the second ecu. And the timing belt tensinor. And the rear diff is making noise. And those two transfer cases. But atleast it runs decent. If I can get a winter beater then I would like to pull the whole suspension, front and rear, replace with poly bushings a clean all the rust off and repaint it all. Maby some doughnuts and drifting if theres enought snow. :thumb:

I'm putting mine in storage.... I would'nt want to see anymore rare non turbo automatics
get rusty!!

MAFT, logger, etc, and some body work. Thats when I'm not out playin' in the white gold. :thumb:

:talon:

Unless things change……..I will be driving it, or letting the wife drive it, :shhh: since her work is closer than mine. I just don’t think this car has ever really seen snow; there is NO rust on it anywhere, and the front rotors came off pretty easy when I did the brakes two weeks ago (just used OEM parts for now). I am going to hate driving it in the winter salt and crap, not to mention avoiding the SUV crazy’s!! :cry:

Just, completed the usual, coolant flush, thermostat, upper radiator hose, plus the throttle body hoses. I had already done the lower hose when I had the timing belt done. Thermostat was junk (would not close completely), probably the original one for the car! I need to do plug wires and plugs soon. I think the plug wires are still original too, since they are numbered. ISC is intermittent, works fine when car is cold, but does not always work OK when car is warmed up and AC is on. Maybe just needs cleaned, but not a biggie for now, no uncontrollable surging, and since I knew the car was not reaching proper temp, had to fix that first!

Wife and I are going to a contest Thursday to see if we win a new Ford Ranger or CASH! Apparently there are six keys out yet, no one has won, and two keys are winners…….Soooo……..we will see what happens. :rolleyes: If not the Ranger, we are “guaranteed another prize” LOL. Trust me, leaving all my credit cards and pens locked it the car, there has to be a catch!! If we win, taking the cash, don’t want the Ranger. Buy the wife a used vehicle, and I will drive the 5th on snow days!! :thumb: :laser:

Toshiro said:
That probably has something to do with the $10,000 fine shops can get for helping with that stuff. I'm not going to enjoy smogging my car in a year or so. :thumbdown to Cali emissions.
What I find to be sooooo stupid is the visual. Anything that looks remotely aftermarket prevents you from even being tested at many shops now. If the damn thing passes the test, that's all that should matter. If it doesn't directly affect your car from passing the smog test, it shouldn't prevent you from being tested.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back