The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

What tires should I get [Merged 3-9] which tires

LifIsPeachy02

Proven Member
Mar 3, 2003
Middletown, Ohio
ok i think i'm gonna go with some Hankook Ventus...my friend told me they were good tires, he has them on his RX-7 GTU-S. And i got a AWESOME price on them. I will either get those or some BFGoodrich g-Force T/A.

Still kinda stumped as to what size to get. Should i go with the 205's(Stock) or some 215's??

WI_99'GST

Proven Member
Oct 1, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
In ur first post you asked if you should get a smaller wall if you get the 215's. Getting a smaller wall with the stock rim your speedo will be off some, or a lot, depending on the size you get.

anomalyinva

Proven Member
Aug 12, 2003
VirginiaUS
I bought 215/55/16 Kumoh Ecsta ASXs for the Galant VR4 today. I can't run anything wider as the offset is wrong on the rims. They are supposedly a pretty good all weather tire, if I decide to auto-x this summer i'll run 15s with Azenis or something like that.

BOOSTIN21

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2003
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
stock sized Uniroyal Tiger paws BEOCH :thumbdown

TrystanGST

Proven Member
Jul 29, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
mmm 235/40/18 Yokohama AVS ES 100 :thumb:

slugsgomoo

Proven Member
Nov 10, 2002
Seattle, Washington
235/45/17 Yokohama Advan A046's.

Man they are awesome, but so, so expensive. I'm unfortunately coming to the realization that i don't think i can go to a longer lasting tire when these wear out. I have another 8k left in them, i hope (crossing fingers). I've got about 2k - 2,500 on them right now. ;)

Defiant

DSM Wiseman
Jan 13, 2003
glorious Galt, California
I've had very good luck with Dunlop A-2 Sports. Not expensive, good ride, terrific in rain and snow, fine in the dry, quiet cornering and direct feedback. And, they say "SPORT" on the side, so you know you can't do any better than that.
I had a set of Yokohama AVS-100s, the original type with the square tread blocks, but they got used up in about 11K. But I got them on closeout from Tire Rack at $60 each, so it wasn't that awful. They were a disaster in snow, though.

talon94es

Proven Member
May 3, 2002
BroomField, Colorado
I have the Bridestone Potenzas RE 950's on my scirocco and they are great.

On my Talon I've got the all season Yoko AV4's 205/55/16.. These are some nice uni-directional tires that can handle driving in the snow and ripping up the turns when its dry. I'm happy and the tread ware seems fantastic!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

leet

Proven Member
Jan 10, 2003
Atwater, California
225/45/17 Falken Azeni's. God the road noise is rough, but when you corner, you quickly forget about it :thumb:

L2RTSiAWD

Honorary Moderator
Proven Member
Apr 8, 2002
Chandler, Arizona
1-225/45/17 Kumho ASX
3-225/45/17 Completely bald Kumho 712's

Getting the other 3 asx's on saturday. The 712's just didn't last as long as I wanted and I dont' need any super performance tires.

GSXTCY

Proven Member
Jun 17, 2002
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
I just picked up some GoodYear Eagle GT II, 305/50/20! Much better than the stockers.

mavisky

DSM Wiseman
Sep 13, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
GSXTCY said:
I just picked up some GoodYear Eagle GT II, 305/50/20! Much better than the stockers.

I'd heard that actual stock replacements were seriously pricy.

JRichter

Proven Member
Mar 27, 2004
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Cooper Xeon 225/40/18

jagwired

Proven Member
Jan 24, 2003
dallas, Texas
talon94es said:
I have the Bridestone Potenzas RE 950's on my scirocco and they are great.

On my Talon I've got the all season Yoko AV4's 205/55/16.. These are some nice uni-directional tires that can handle driving in the snow and ripping up the turns when its dry. I'm happy and the tread ware seems fantastic!

nice wheels with those tires

they look familiar ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds