The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

What tires should I get [Merged 3-9] which tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok i think i'm gonna go with some Hankook Ventus...my friend told me they were good tires, he has them on his RX-7 GTU-S. And i got a AWESOME price on them. I will either get those or some BFGoodrich g-Force T/A.

Still kinda stumped as to what size to get. Should i go with the 205's(Stock) or some 215's??

In ur first post you asked if you should get a smaller wall if you get the 215's. Getting a smaller wall with the stock rim your speedo will be off some, or a lot, depending on the size you get.

I bought 215/55/16 Kumoh Ecsta ASXs for the Galant VR4 today. I can't run anything wider as the offset is wrong on the rims. They are supposedly a pretty good all weather tire, if I decide to auto-x this summer i'll run 15s with Azenis or something like that.

stock sized Uniroyal Tiger paws BEOCH :thumbdown

mmm 235/40/18 Yokohama AVS ES 100 :thumb:

235/45/17 Yokohama Advan A046's.

Man they are awesome, but so, so expensive. I'm unfortunately coming to the realization that i don't think i can go to a longer lasting tire when these wear out. I have another 8k left in them, i hope (crossing fingers). I've got about 2k - 2,500 on them right now. ;)

I've had very good luck with Dunlop A-2 Sports. Not expensive, good ride, terrific in rain and snow, fine in the dry, quiet cornering and direct feedback. And, they say "SPORT" on the side, so you know you can't do any better than that.
I had a set of Yokohama AVS-100s, the original type with the square tread blocks, but they got used up in about 11K. But I got them on closeout from Tire Rack at $60 each, so it wasn't that awful. They were a disaster in snow, though.

I have the Bridestone Potenzas RE 950's on my scirocco and they are great.

On my Talon I've got the all season Yoko AV4's 205/55/16.. These are some nice uni-directional tires that can handle driving in the snow and ripping up the turns when its dry. I'm happy and the tread ware seems fantastic!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

225/45/17 Falken Azeni's. God the road noise is rough, but when you corner, you quickly forget about it :thumb:

1-225/45/17 Kumho ASX
3-225/45/17 Completely bald Kumho 712's

Getting the other 3 asx's on saturday. The 712's just didn't last as long as I wanted and I dont' need any super performance tires.

I just picked up some GoodYear Eagle GT II, 305/50/20! Much better than the stockers.

GSXTCY said:
I just picked up some GoodYear Eagle GT II, 305/50/20! Much better than the stockers.

I'd heard that actual stock replacements were seriously pricy.

225/45/17 Falken Azenis on my Talon, 205/45/17 Yoko Parada Spec II on my Accord

Cooper Xeon 225/40/18

talon94es said:
I have the Bridestone Potenzas RE 950's on my scirocco and they are great.

On my Talon I've got the all season Yoko AV4's 205/55/16.. These are some nice uni-directional tires that can handle driving in the snow and ripping up the turns when its dry. I'm happy and the tread ware seems fantastic!

nice wheels with those tires

they look familiar ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back