1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

What thread is this sensor in thermostat housing?

Posted by High PSI, Nov 21, 2019

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. High PSI

High PSI Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2004
    USA, Australia
    I've swapped a long-block 6-bolt into my 2g years ago. The 6-bolt that I got had a broken sensor in the thermostat housing. I remember researching this prior and confirming it wasn't needed for my 2g, so I left it as-is.

I'm now looking to install an aftermarket coolant gauge in my car, and this seems like the perfect spot. However, I'll need an adapter to make the sensor work as my aftermarket sensor is significantly smaller. Can anyone tell me the thread specs on this factory sensor?

Attached Files:

2. 19Eclipse90

19Eclipse90 DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 29, 2003
    OKC, Oklahoma
    knowyourthermohousing1grev1-jpg.jpg

High PSI and ec17pse like this.
  3. High PSI

High PSI Proven Member

Joined Oct 21, 2004
    USA, Australia
    That's absolutely perfect. Thank's so much!