The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G What performance parts next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echosyp

Proven Member
Oct 31, 2019
Clanton, Alabama
Alright back again, now that I've gotten all the christmas shopping done I'm ready to start back on the car.

After some investigation, I do believe the car has the stock T25 turbo on it, even tho I was told an Evo 3 turbo, but that's the past and all behind me, I got the car, I drive it every day to work, so time to move forward and do the work myself so I know for sure what's in it.

I'll start by listing what I actually know is in the car and go from there.

Also, this is my daily driver, I drive it every single day to and from work ( I only live 6 min away from work ) but I also drive it around on the weekends. So I'm not really looking to push 10k HP with a 5 gallon gas tank, BUT I am looking for more HP to keep messing with the hondas and mustang's around here.

Parts I know for sure that's on the car

• Stock Turbo
  • Mishimoto Intercooler
  • Greddy Type S BOV
  • Forced Performance DSM Race Manifold
  • Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams
  • Megan Racing Cat-Back System
  • HBC Manual Boost Controller
  • AEM Boost Gauge
  • AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Gauge
  • KYB AGX Struts
  • Eibach Springs
  • StopTech Slotted Brake Rotors
  • Goodridge Brake Lines
What would be the next steps in ordering parts? I'll just throw out a wildcard number and say 400 whp is my first goal, then I'll keep going from there.

As always really appreciate the help.

@Echosyp As you already know, they don't do emissions testing around here. So that means you can safely run a test pipe or high flow cat to open up that restricted power.

EDIT: hell man, with no testing you can delete that evap crap too.

I was looking around at the different kitsch, 2.3l stroker kit or the 2.0 forged kitsch also.

You didn't mention it so I assume you are on the factory maf. I'd plan to swap to speed density along with ecmlink.

I have the MAP sensor and the IAT sensor installed, came already on the car. Just waiting for ecmlink before I hook it all up.

@Echosyp As you already know, they don't do emissions testing around here. So that means you can safely run a test pipe or high flow cat to open up that restricted power.

EDIT: hell man, with no testing you can delete that evap crap too.

Yea I thought about taking one day soon and just deleting all that crap, but with no way to tune or with no knowledge on any "GOOD" shops around, not sure what all I can safely put on without having to worry about having it tuned right away, cause I'll still need to drive the car back and forth to work.

Only thing I'll throw in there is when buying your injectors, go a little higher than your goal so there's room for more powaaaa. Also choose the correct injector size if you plan on running ethanol.

I was looking around at the different kitsch, 2.3l stroker kit or the 2.0 forged kitsch also.

I have the MAP sensor and the IAT sensor installed, came already on the car. Just waiting for ecmlink before I hook it all up.

Yea I thought about taking one day soon and just deleting all that crap, but with no way to tune or with no knowledge on any "GOOD" shops around, not sure what all I can safely put on without having to worry about having it tuned right away, cause I'll still need to drive the car back and forth to work.
These motors will handle 400hp for a long time. The only problem is your engine is probably really old.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back