The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

what next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Curlz

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2011
new bedford, Massachusetts
so i bought this 95 tsi awd and it runs like a dream and mechanically sound.it has 135k on it but it must have been rediculously maintained.it has a 16g,wb255,650cc inj tuned on safc it had a make shift intercooler setup but just bought a ssac fmic.its running 21psi and drops to 20psi but pulls fine throughout all gears ive even launched it at the launch control 5500rps and still fine ive thrown everything at this car LOL and shes still a champ so i just want to know a next upgrade path turbo wise?

Mine was at a similar level,
Had 750cc and Evo3 16g turbo

I recently upgraded to a 20g and I love it.

When I did my upgrade I also upgraded my intercooler, and went with a VRSF FMIC.

As well as upgraded the clutch from my ACT 2100 to ACT 2900.

That's the downside about upgrading parts, especially turbo. Once you start making more power other things need to be changed out as well. Although its well worth it! :D

How does the 20g feel? What boost levels you running? Any lag? Sorry, i am looking to maybe upgrade to a 20g as well. I have a 16g. I dont plan to anytime soon, but still never too soon to learn, right?

i have a safc i need a wideband. i was thinking 20g but ive read youd need better internals?i also have cams i got to throw in

How do you know your afr's are safe as is? Running 21psi on a 16g with no wb seems like a very bad idea.

Plus with the safc your kind of limited to your 650's, and what are your idc's now?

Dsmlink should be your next upgrade along with a wideband 02 IMO no point in bigger turbos and injectors if you can't control there afr just my two cents though.

i have to agree with everyone else on this one, get a wide band first, then lookin in to getting DSMlink. its worth every penny. your probably already at the limit of the SAFC. Once you can see whats going on with all that boost your pushing start looking in to a clutch. You can run a 20G on stock internals.

well im pretty sure the kid pulled the wideband and sold it probably LOL but hes been running it the was it is for 4 years now so im guess ig its good LOL but i also just put a bigger fmic and it spikes 25psi but i blew a coupler off whats the best way to keep the couplers on haha

but i blew a coupler off whats the best way to keep the couplers on haha

1. Have the end of the pipes bead rolled
2. Use t-bolt clamps
3. Spray the pipe with hairspray right before installation.

well im pretty sure the kid pulled the wideband and sold it probably LOL but hes been running it the was it is for 4 years now so im guess ig its good LOL

Man i wouldn't run past 15psi with out a wb. Thats just asking for trouble. I mean you can push it slightly while watching the logger, but still, not very much higher.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back