The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

what did you use to plug your antenna hole with?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertm1212GST

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
Spartanburg, South_Carolina
Alright guys im looking for something to plug my antenna hole with until I get the body work done. So what all have you guys used to plug them with?

Thanks
Robert

pick up a 25mm grommet at your local honda/acura dealership - part #82871-671-000 - fits perfectly

yep that's what I did. like 3 bucks. plugs the rear wiper hole too nicely.

Kinda involves a bit of body work but I just welded a piece of metal underneath. Then when you get the time a bit of bondo and your golden. :D

I just put a shorty antenna on there instead of getting rid of it completely. I didn't like getting crappy reception with no antenna.

Does anyone know if these will plug spoiler holes as well?

I saved a link at home that has a list of a bunch of different sized plugs and part numbers from Honda. I'm sure someone will beat me to posting it, but I'll use this as a reminder when I get home.

Sorry to bump and old thread.. Does the honda plug seal tightly? Anyone got any pictures of it on a 2g? Ive been having some troubles with my power antenna and would much rather get rid of it than mess around with fixing it.

You might laugh at this but it worked perfect for me...
I used a quarter and JB weld, dimes and nickels for the low deck spoiler and rear wiper. I drilled a small hole in the center of the quarter and put a screw in it, then I put a bunch of JB Weld on the inside and the quarter, the screw in the middle allowed me to hold the quarter from the outside. Filled with bondo and sanded.
If you can visualize the quarter is held on the back side of the panel with the screw sticking straight up. A rag on the outside with vice grips clamped onto the screw and holding the quarter tight to the underside of the body panel.
Cheap and easy, and maybe a little ghetto.

Sorry to bump and old thread.. Does the honda plug seal tightly? Anyone got any pictures of it on a 2g? Ive been having some troubles with my power antenna and would much rather get rid of it than mess around with fixing it.

I've got one and it seals perfect, nice and tight.
I haven't taken a picture yet but I'm out at the car next weekend so I'll snap one then.

There's I plug in the trunk on the driver side that fits perfectly and it looks pretty good. Free and easy plus it fits like it was meant to be there with no leaks, what more can you ask for

There's I plug in the trunk on the driver side that fits perfectly and it looks pretty good. Free and easy plus it fits like it was meant to be there with no leaks, what more can you ask for

What plug are you talking about?

I also though about getting a circle vinyl sticker close to the same color of the car and just sticking it over the hole. If the color is a close match you, it would only be noticeable up close.

You might laugh at this but it worked perfect for me...
I used a quarter and JB weld, dimes and nickels for the low deck spoiler and rear wiper. I drilled a small hole in the center of the quarter and put a screw in it, then I put a bunch of JB Weld on the inside and the quarter, the screw in the middle allowed me to hold the quarter from the outside. Filled with bondo and sanded.
If you can visualize the quarter is held on the back side of the panel with the screw sticking straight up. A rag on the outside with vice grips clamped onto the screw and holding the quarter tight to the underside of the body panel.
Cheap and easy, and maybe a little ghetto.

Hahaha a true diy'er

If you want autozone sells shorty antennas. It's. 13" one but its half the length of stock, I just put mine on weeks ago and it looks a hell of a lot better then the rc car stock one.

I found the plug that youre talking about. Doesnt look bad at all.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Anyone got any ideas on a size grommet to use for spoiler holes? I'm not fully ready to delete the spoiler so I figure i'll throw some cheap grommets incase I want to go back to the wing.

Anyone got any ideas on a size grommet to use for spoiler holes? I'm not fully ready to delete the spoiler so I figure i'll throw some cheap grommets incase I want to go back to the wing.

Maybe measure and see? It would be beneficial as well for this kinda thing. I see a lot of ppl just put blue painters tape over them and it looks like poo.

So I have the rubber plug...only I can't seem to remove the power antenna. Its loose and everything but I can't figure how to get it out :confused:

Is there something holding it in besides the two 10mm nuts?

You have to remove the big chrome nut on the outside. Spin it off very carefully with a screwdriver and mallet.

You have to remove the big chrome nut on the outside. Spin it off very carefully with a screwdriver and mallet.

Thank you, that's what I thought and already went at it...damn thing is on their pretty good:banghead:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back