The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

What could be causing this leaking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

914 Cheeko

Probationary Member
Jul 10, 2018
Newtown, Connecticut
Cheeko the noob here, my 1g 4G63T is leaking oil like crazy and its pissing me off. I'm finding most of the oil on top of the tranny. I replaced the valve cover gasket so far because it was ripped but I haven't tried starting it yet because it's having other problems at the moment. When I got it the vacuum lines coming from the valve cover were disconnected, could it be coming from that? What else could it be if it turns out to not be the vacuum lines or valve cover gasket?
The first picture is the oil on top of the tranny, the second is above the leaking area and tranny just so you have a better view in case you're not sure of the setup.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I vote for cas o-ring, cas shaft seal and then VC gasket, in that order. Mine has crap in the same spot and my cas has some dribbles coming from around it and the cap.

Might also make sure you don't have a Hyundai or chebay VC gasket. Hyundai is made to work with studs not bolts, and the chebay ones don't hold up well in my experience.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back