The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Welded trailing arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96awd

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
Bourbon, Missouri
So I was talking with a guy on Facebook about his suspension and what not. He said his trailing arms are welded; new to me. Said better traction, no wheel hop, etc.

Is there anyone else that has/is doing this? Any pictures of what you did?

What he did, was take some washers and weld them to the joint so it wouldn't flex, he said.

I'm just trying to get others who have done it and what they did - procedure went through and what not.

Thanks, talonkev, for finding the relevant threads. No more guessing as to what people have done, etc. Let's get technical about the silly rear toe crud on a 1G or drop it.

Obviously I could do the toe eliminator. But I'd rather not spend almost $200 on something when I can do it and spend maybe $10 and get the same outcome.

I'm asking about welding the trailor arms, not a toe eliminator kit.

Thank you for the links though, talonkev.

You said "What he did, was take some washers and weld them to the joint so it wouldn't flex, he said. " The first link I posted is what the kid did. Welding the trailing arms is a toe eliminator. There is nothing your going to weld to the stock trailing arm to make it stronger. It is a very solid piece. Go play with the rear upper and lower control arms if you want to strengthen something.

You said "What he did, was take some washers and weld them to the joint so it wouldn't flex, he said. " The first link I posted is what the kid did. Welding the trailing arms is a toe eliminator. There is nothing your going to weld to the stock trailing arm to make it stronger. It is a very solid piece. Go play with the rear upper and lower control arms if you want to strengthen something.

According to him and his launching it keeps the wheels straight as it would with the toe kit. So why go that far and spend the $175 for the toe kit when I can do something else?

If I wanted to hear what I should do instead of welding, I would have ask that BUT I asked about welding. You answered my question, which is why I said thanks for the links to you.

Mods close this thread, better yet, just delete it.

Just in case some people don't know this - calling somebody a "####ing crybaby" is not considered acceptable behavior on our site. I figured everyone knew that (as it's clearly stated in several places on our site) but wanted to clear that up just in case. We should all be able to get a point across without using insults here in the forums.

Carry on with the subject.

Just in case some people don't know this - calling somebody a "####ing crybaby" is not considered acceptable behavior on our site. I figured everyone knew that (as it's clearly stated in several places on our site) but wanted to clear that up just in case. We should all be able to get a point across without using insults here in the forums.

Carry on.

Just calling it like I see it. He got pissy with me, so I told him about himself. If you want to hold that against me then so be it. You have your opinion, I've got mine.
Been a long time dsmer and been a member of this forum for a long time and if me correcting somebody is going to get me told to GTFO, then I am going to tell them about themselves. Don't make me out to be the bad guy.

Just calling it like I see it. He got pissy with me, so I told him about himself. If you want to hold that against me then so be it. You have your opinion, I've got mine.
Been a long time dsmer and been a member of this forum for a long time and if me correcting somebody is going to get me told to GTFO, then I am going to tell them about themselves. Don't make me out to be the bad guy.

As I didn't see your post, I PM'd you to end it on the thread.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back