The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Weird issue at idle that I haven't ever encountered

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunernewb92

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2008
North Canton, Ohio
Ok so i posted about buying a car for really cheap but it has a minor problem which is:

The current owner says that the car doesn't run very well at idle and will shut off if not kept running and that he hears a clicking noise when he is sitting in the car. He swears it is coming from the ECU because if he puts his hand on the ECU its moving with the clicks. If he disconnects the battery, when the car cranks up the next day it runs perfect, but after that it goes back to rough if you crank it again. Any ideas on that?

Why would the ECU be clicking, I know my trucks injectors would click loud could this be that also?

Could the rough idle be a turbo system leak, nasty trashy fuel, or the ECU.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't know how to search for something like that issue so I figured I post up.

The car has around 270k miles on it, most of the parts are not orginal besides the block, rods, pistons, and oil pan and ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back