The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

GVR-4 VR4 engine sputtering

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmania17

Probationary Member
Jan 17, 2017
sunrise, Florida
I start the car and it sputters like a misfire so I have checked everything and all looks good, so I disconnect the battery for a few minutes plug it back in and the car runs normal like nothing is wrong when I get to where am going and started up again sputtering misfire again I have to unplug the battery to get it running correct again. Does anyone know why this could be happening.

yes list of mods is current, i opened the ecu and everything looks clean, when i get home today am going to swap airflow meter and see if ti fixes it also the tcu am going to change it and see what it does it helps when i have perfectly running gst that i can interchange parts from.

Is it still running well right before you shut it off? Only when you start it later does it act up?
I was thinking perhaps, by disconnecting the battery, learned values like trims are reset and that's why it runs fine after.. like when an o2 sensor starts going out and throws closed loop fuel off the mark. But if it runs great before shutting it off, that's potentially a different story.

Hello to all so this morning on my way to work am at a light and smoke starts coming out of the hood i pulled over open the hood and is the freon being released, not sure why this happened when i get home tonight am going to check the fan unit and also i hope the car doesn't over heat with just one fan in traffic. Any thoughts what could have done this.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back