The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

vr-speed FMIC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah, the owner Mangina24 is actually on this board. He provides great service and his products are excellent. :thumb:

I just received this kit yesterday, and it is top notch, along with including the missing couplers and t bolt clamps the other kits dont include.

Mine is in the mail aswell. Does fedex ship on saturdays?

They usually deliver on Saturdays :thumb:

Post some pics up when you get the kit on the car! Can't wait to see how mean it looks :dsm:

Here is mine, got it done about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I know the bumper isn't completely on in the pic but I haven't uploaded any new ones yet. Rather easy to put on if you are good with a dremel and sawzall.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Wow that's the same color of my old talon. Looks like my old 2g before I did the 2gb conversion. Kona blue pearl is pretty rare these days!

Lookin' good man :)

I just bought one 2 weeks ago for my Talon AWD, I was very impressed...

I had a regular 2G mani w/ an EVOIII and all I needed to install it was a little cutting and 3 extra Tbolts.

They usually deliver on Saturdays :thumb:

Post some pics up when you get the kit on the car! Can't wait to see how mean it looks :dsm:

not sure if you remember me mangina, however i did a little more modding on the kit.. and this is what it turned out like...

that's what i came up with.... loving it by the way! great job with the parts etc. :rocks: :thumb:

Is there any specs on this intercooler? It looks like the SSAC however I emailed Vr-speed and asked them for details specs and all they told me a different manufacturer provides them with there's plus they carry better couples and provide missing hardware which is a major plus howver they havnt told me what its capable of. any one know?

for example the ETS 10.5" specs:

* 25x10x3" bar and plate core
* 980cfm / 650 HP
* All mandrel bent piping
* Fully beaded piping
* 4-ply silicone couplers
* Stainless steel T-Bolt clamps
* 2.5” piping all the way to the throttle body
* Trimming of factory crash beam required
* Eliminates knock in 3rd, 4th, and 5th - up to 23psi on pump gas
* Complete instructions for an easy install

Is there any specs on this intercooler? It looks like the SSAC however I emailed Vr-speed and asked them for details specs and all they told me a different manufacturer provides them with there's plus they carry better couples and provide missing hardware which is a major plus howver they havnt told me what its capable of. any one know?

for example the ETS 10.5" specs:

* 25x10x3" bar and plate core
* 980cfm / 650 HP
* All mandrel bent piping
* Fully beaded piping
* 4-ply silicone couplers
* Stainless steel T-Bolt clamps
* 2.5" piping all the way to the throttle body
* Trimming of factory crash beam required
* Eliminates knock in 3rd, 4th, and 5th - up to 23psi on pump gas
* Complete instructions for an easy install

DUDE! :nono: Alright. I've already given you the link to the previous group buy in a different thread tonight...did you bother to look at it?? If not, try doing so. Like I said, it WILL require you to sift through the info, but it's there. If you still need more information, go to the website:

VR Speed Factory - EVO, DSM & WRX Performance Parts - Intercooler - VRSF Front Mount Intercooler Kit (Backordered until mid-March): 95 - 99 Eclipse

The only thing that it doesn't state is HP ratings. You'll have to settle for comparing CFM ratings between different kits and make you guestimation according to that.

I can tell you that the first seven things on that list from ETS are answered on VRSF's website. I'm more than positive it will come with the proper and complete installation instructions. And YES, there is some trimming involved to make it fit. Again, read the group buy thread. There has been a lot of support for this kit and it's all in the other thread that I gave you the link to.

Also, IF that still isn't enough for you, try PMing Tiago (Mangina24). Is this the guy you talked to when you emailed them?? From my experience with him, he's extremely informative and will answer ALL of your questions up front - He doesn't BS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one of these kits on my 2gb and it is top notch as is the vr speed customer service.

Tiago is one of the nicest guys in the business, thanks again man!

Frank:dsm:

We're actually working on one now :)

So far it's working well on our 1g dsm w/abs and should be released within the next month or so.

I'm also waiting on this, one of the last parts I need to finish my build. I'm waiting for you guys to finish up with your kit.

Is there going to be a group buy on this?

sorry lumix don't get but hurt i posted pretty much the same thing in both threads because i saw that this one hadn't been post in for a while. So again sorry thanks for replying though, haha twice. now that's dedication:thumb:

how hard would it be to make it fit on a T28 setup.? i heard good things about this FMIC and price is not bad at all!!

sorry lumix don't get but hurt i posted pretty much the same thing in both threads because i saw that this one hadn't been post in for a while. So again sorry thanks for replying though, haha twice. now that's dedication:thumb:

Wow. I haven't checked this thread in a quite a WHILE...so sorry for bringing this one back, but no problem, man. You're welcome LOL. I try to help out whenever I can.:)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back