The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Vinyl Wrap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanro

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2009
Montgomery, Alabama
Anyone know where I can get solid color vinyl? Semi gloss, satin, or flat? Been searching for a while now, and all I come up with is kustomkarskinzorZ and stupid shit like that.

I need enough to do the roof, pillars, and hood in black.

See where it goes from there.

I used some from JoAnn fabrics. They have tons of vinyl.

Fabric store? I was looking for the vinyl wrap stuff for a car.

Afraid we dont have Joanns here anymore. My mom used to shop there when I was a kid. But they all closed up shop.

Is the stuff they have vinyl fabric for seats and such or the exterior vinyl for wrapping?

-Sigh- I dont need upholstery.

Do you guys even read? I need vinyl wrap. For the outside of the car.

I've found it on ebay finally... But the widest sections I can find are 12" I need something that will cover the hood, and roof in one piece.

If I need upholstery I could get that at literally any fabric store, hobby lobby, or even wal-mart

Be careful with vinyl wrapping. Depending on the surface finish, when it gets dirt and road grime on it, it can be nearly impossible to clean after.

Check around your area for Vehicle wrap companies or just sign shops... they will print you whatever color you would like and how big you need it. Price is usually around 10-14 sq ft or that is what I charge for wrapping a car anyway and it is usually a standard pricing around the country

Check around your area for Vehicle wrap companies or just sign shops... they will print you whatever color you would like and how big you need it. Price is usually around 10-14 sq ft or that is what I charge for wrapping a car anyway and it is usually a standard pricing around the country

Heh well I would but there isn't anywhere to get that done here. I may check a sign shop. Doubtful they will do anything bigger than 12"x XX.

Black, 2 sheets. One large enough to cover the hood. Minimal over hang.

Another large enough to cover the roof. With about 3" over hang. I can get exact measurements tomorrow.

To be honest, I think I may end up rattle canning it until I am ready for a real paint job. Either that or look into a paint gun as I have a compressor, and I have the rest of the stuff I need to build a paint booth. My stepdad was actually gonna build one in the shop several years back, just never got aroundtuit

Tanro,
You ever end up doing this? I'm thinking about doing the same to my burgundy eclipse to give it the two tone talon look.

sign shops will normally have up to 30 inch wide, i havent seen wider rolls but i know they exist

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back