The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Vinyl Wrapped?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ppayer38

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2009
Smithfield, Virginia
So I run a Signs & Graphics shop and am in the middle of putting my 98 GSX back together.... Well I got my GSX wheels powder coated Java Black and still have my Evo IX wheels to get done! I am thinking about doing something different and trying to wrap them in vinyl?? I am not to worried about how it will hold up just not sure what color I would do. Dont wanna do some color you see everyday, would like something to catch the eye so let me know if youve got any ideas?????

Thanks,
Josh

I would say it depends on the color of the car, you could match it or wrap it in it's opposite if that's what you want. Not my cup of tea, but good luck with it:thumb:

Yeah I have my drag sled wrapped and even my boots chip off the wrapping. I'm not sure why you would wrap them instead of powercoat them because wrapping tends to look kind of dull and the color isn't very vivid. But I think a picture of your current rims and car would help deicide what color to do the rims.

The car is 2 tone black(top) red(bottom) with the GSX wheels in Javva Black(black with a gold flake) and just have the Evo wheels as my summer wheels but wanted to try something different for a little bit as it wont cost me anything and it will hold up just fine since it will have a laminated film on it and be waxed so brake dust wont be a problem since im basically just doing the face of the rim....
I was thinking of something like this just to be different but not out there.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Why the hell not. I say go for it, worst case scenario is you don't like them so you peel the vinyl off

I dont see it holding up but I say go with red and black on the rims too, like red lip black spokes, or all black with red on the sides of the spokes, if that makes any sense.

It seems a little iffy with the brakes and heat, but if you think it will work, try it out. You may start a trend.

go for it man... whats the worst that can happen it looks bad or peels? either way it can come back off unlike paint. also my buddy wrapped his car in vinyl and if you do it correctly it looks awesome which im sure you will since you run your own shop but his is holdin up just fine, he didnt do the rims though

I've never heard of wrapped rims but I have always had a small itch in the back of my mind about 3M carbon fiber wrapping a car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back