The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Dashboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbon fiber in moderation is nice, but there is such a thing as too much carbon fiber.

In for pics of the finished product. To be honest I have never liked the look of CF. Not to take away from your project, it's just my opinion. Can't wait to see what this looks like though. GL :hellyeah:

Can I ask what happened to passenger side airbag!? Howd you get a screen on there and what did you do with the airbag! regardless I love CF and this dash should look good.

Updates ???

Not done yet. They had a few full interior projects ahead of mine, so I'm not expecting a call until early July. When I pick it up, you guys will be the first to know.

Can I ask what happened to passenger side airbag!? Howd you get a screen on there and what did you do with the airbag! regardless I love CF and this dash should look good.

No, you can't ask.... :p

I removed the passenger side airbag and used the airbag cover as a template, built a form for a screen I had laying around and glassed it all together. There's no airbag there anymore.

Again, just so everyone is clear, the dash is getting re-skinned in vinyl material (i.e. cloth) that looks like carbon fiber. It's not going to be a "true" carbon fiber. As previously mentioned, effectively, it should look like Andrew Brilliant's dash above, but with a different material. I can only hope it comes out as nice as his did.

====UPDATE====

Went up to GB this past weekend because the guy said it'd be done Friday. It wasn't. I guess the shop was too humid and the adhesive wouldn't stick. So they're going to try again this week. The material is sewn, they just have to apply and trim it. I'm hoping they get it done today (might even be able to get it today...my folks are heading down by me and they may pick it up on the way). They did get the TV pod wrapped, but they haven't trimmed and finished it yet.

Here's a teaser so everyone can see they didn't wrap it with a sticker :thumb:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 147
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 143
UPDATE: Dad picked up the dash and sent me these pics - as you can see, it's a carbon "look" fabric, with maroon stitching that matches the 95' Eagle Wildberry Pearl paint.

I won't be back to the shop until probably October, so it won't be installed for awhile. Once it's installed and I can get pics posted, I'll clean this thread up as best I can to get all the pictures up top.

I have some trimming of the loose ends to do, but that's expected as they didn't have the bezels and vents and misc parts that get bolted or clipped on to the dash.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 173
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Look sbeautiful man the only thing that worries me is the UV rays always hitting that dash. I used to be the Carbon Fiber guy when it came to SRT-4s and I started workin gon a project to wrap my dash but then a deer took out my car. Looks beautiful though keep us posted on how the finihsed product looks.
Dan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back