The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Full 3M 1080 Vinyl Wrap (PIC HEAVY)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very nice! I've consider doing this myself, but haven't looked into it much. Would it be insanely difficult for someone with no experience with tint/wrap? Expensive?
Some areas are pretty difficult without experience. Usually when I do a vehicle I purchase a half roll which is 25yds and that runs close to 600 cost

What's up guys, I got started on this project over the weekend and figured I would share some of the progress and let you see how this stuff looks on a DSM. I haven't seen anyone do a full wrap yet, though I am sure I'm not the first.

This is how the car started
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I hated the green on the car, I would never have bought a green dsm but I got such a good deal on the car I couldn't pass it up. I also hate the 2ga front bumper so that had to go.

I did one panel at a time, the car was already pretty clean so I just went over the panel I was working on with a claybar and then wiped it down with alcohol to remove any wax that was left on the paint.

The hood was the first panel I tackled.

After 10 pain staking hours of fighting the vinyl on the hood (not having a clue really what I was doing, and ruining one sheet) I finally got it done and decided to go to the next easiest panel, the door.

The door was much easier than the hood, and I was starting to get the feel of how to work with the vinyl. The door went on in about an hour.

I went after the front fender after the door, didn't take any pics of this.
Now on to the rear quarter panel we go! At this point I had a pretty good handle on how to manipulate the vinyl around corners and into edges.

I then stood back for a second and gave the side mirror one good looking over....how the hell are you supposed to vinyl the mirror.

It ended up coming out ok, I didn't take a pic of the finished mirror up close but you can see the completed side here.

Then I did one of the side pieces for the spoiler....I'm getting pretty good at it at this point.

Here is a close up shot of the vinyl, its tough to see in the photos but its LOADED in metallic flake and looks incredible in the sunlight.

Needless to say I did the same thing to the other side of the car and everything went smoothly. Now it's on to the front bumper, the part I was dreading as it is known as the hardest part of any car to wrap due to the complexity and shape of them.

We spun the car around to make life a little easier and removed the sh**ty 2ga bumper. The 2gb bumper I picked up has the side markers shaved, emblem, and fog light holes shaved. We had to do quite a bit of trimming to get it to mount up with my giant front mount but we got it all mocked up and ready to wrap.

Now the fun started....

At this point I was so damn tired after working 20+ hours on the car it was time to take a well needed nights sleep.....but when I went back to the car the next day to finish trimming the front bumper boy did I have one hell of a smile on my face!

I also wrapped the trunk after I completed the front bumper but I didn't take any photos of it yet. I have the side skirts, rear bumper, spoiler, and a pillars left and will hopefully tackle them this weekend.

You guys might have noticed the Light Bar/ Roll Bar which I also installed over the weekend, and I must say it really sets the look off with the spyder. Oh and yes that's a 2JZ supra motor on the stand in the background.

I will post up more photos once I get the rest of the car done and of course some final pics when I can clean the wheels and tires but they too will most likely change before summer time comes. Hope you guys enjoyed this post, I had not intended to do any sort of write up for this so I didn't take a ton of before and after pics that I wish now I had taken but I guess this will do for now!

Wow, that looks freakin' awesome! I'll consider doing my own vinyl wrap project as well but will probably seek some professional help from Gatorwraps.

Any updates possible on how this ended up holding up over the years?? Looked good

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back