The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Two Things I Noticed After Oil Change

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeoGohan

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2009
Woodland, California
Took my car in for an oil change at the dealership and came home and noticed 2 things out of the ordinary under my car.

This
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Never noticed this sticking out before.

I have no idea where these came from. What are they for and what should I do with them :(

Also came back from the dealership and found this...

Ugh... what a pain...another thing to worry about haha.

Help me out guys. I don't know too much about this car. Thanks!

Top pict looks like the overflow hose from the coolant overflow bottle. The next two picts looks like the plastic splash shield didn't get put back on after the shop goonie did the oil change when he had to take it off to get to the filter.

Bottom pict is an unknown since there is no reference point under the hood where this connector belongs to and where. If you had a broader pict of your engine bay and where this connector is located, then a possible help could be on the way.

Good luck-DSM

Top pict looks like the overflow hose from the coolant overflow bottle. The next two picts looks like the plastic splash shield didn't get put back on after the shop goonie did the oil change when he had to take it off to get to the filter.

Bottom pict is an unknown since there is no reference point under the hood where this connector belongs to and where. If you had a broader pict of your engine bay and where this connector is located, then a possible help could be on the way.

Good luck-DSM

Thanks! The last pic at the bottom is my headlight bulb holder/socket thing. It got all corroded so I gotta find a replacement. Just don't know where to look for it.

The overflow hose, is it supposed to be sticking that far down? I tried pushing it back up/in but it doesn't budge. Is the plastic splash shield hard to put back on? Looks like it's totally raped.

If that shield is 'totally raped' as mention, head out to a yard find a car like your and yank one off to replace. They can be a pain to put on since the axle has to pass arond the thing, but it's best to have that shield on to protect the pulley and belts, alternator and oil filter.

See where the other end of that hose comes from to see if you can pull it up, but usually, overflows do hand down to miss the undersides if it has to drain.

Good luck-DSM

I think that plastic hose might be from the radiator coolant drain, bottom drivers side, it has a butterfly style valve to open it. It does dip down low and you can't really push it up, you could trim it if you like.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back