The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Twin turbo? [Merged 11-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've gotten this one before.

This kid asked me what turbo I had and I said, "14b" he respond with a, "Oh what stage turbo is that?"....

I swear to some people all mods no matter what shape or size come in stages.

You know why you never buy a watch for a woman?

Because there's a clock on the goddamned stove.

Hahahahaaha. Ahh defiant, always the man with the wise remarks... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

why get so mad? i think its rather funny and just agree...

Yeah, I only get mad when they argue with me. I would obviously know a little more about my own car then they do. That and the lady that thought it was tt and got attitude when I tried explaining she was wrong. :nono:

<---I'm just venting, I'm so tired of stupid people saying that to me... It makes me want to slap them in the face :p I'm well aware that there are a few modified twin-turbo DSM's out there, but it seems more of a novelty (on a nose heavy car why would you want all that extra weight in front of your front axle...)

What I want to know is where these "twin turbo" dsms are that you've seen

They're all over on www.3si.org.

Seriously though, I remember seeing a thread a long time ago about a guy who ran dual 14b's (or was it t25's) because he didn't want to pay for a turbo upgrade. I guess it ended up having the lag of a 20g with none of the power.

BTW, a 'long time ago' to me is 2003, when I first joined. You may be able to dig the thread out of the old server though. Who knows....

Anyone else remember the twin-turbocharged, twin-supercharged car thread going around a while back? :|

Like I said before, I remember seeing one that used two stock turbos. It wasn't that one though, which means that there are two twin turbo dsm's running around, at least.

Like I said before, I remember seeing one that used two stock turbos. It wasn't that one though, which means that there are two twin turbo dsm's running around, at least.

What's the point? Twin turboing a 4G63 would be worthless imo.

I've been working on my dsm for about 10 years now and i came up with this crazy idea. I would like to know what people think and also i've search aroud and couldnt find much info. I wanna put a t-25 and a larger turbo on my 1997 tsi. Not really sure which large turbo will work well but let me know what you guys think. Please dont bash me for this crazy idea :thumb:

I don't think it's crazy. A bit expensive, but not crazy.

I'd like to see parallel turbos. I don't know much about sequential vs parallel turbos, but running them in parallel lets you get smaller turbos. Shoe-horning the intake and exhaust for both might be a challenge, though.

Just do your homework for selecting turbos. Some of the 1000cc 4-cylinder bikes redline at 13k, so you can't just take two turbos that work for them and say it would be a good choice for a 2L motor that redlines at 7-8k. You might not hit full boost until 6k or something:D.

Thanks guys!!! Im going think it through alittle more. If i come up with anything good ill let you know:D

From what i read its not also. I agree!!! Im going 2 do more research. The way that im planning on setting is very different then other have tried from what i read. Still not sure if im going to go for it. If i do, I will post my progress and all positive and negitive points. Once again thanks guys!!!!:D If any one has any more info or threads that they read please post. thanks!!!

Efficiently a twin-turbo four-cylinder engine is not very effective. However, It would be amazing to actually have one.

Good Luck if you build it, and if you do you got my support LOL

It would be pretty cool.

if you got a sequential turbo set up like the Supra's and FC's it would be nice (have a little turbo for bottom end then a big turbo for top end) however with the DSM engine bay that'll be kinda hard

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back