The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Turns Over, Dies Immediately

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been awhile since checking in.

Nylon nozzle brushed the map sensor, cleared out some significant carbon build up, popped it back in and it starts right up.
Runs a bit rough, more specifically around 3k RPMs. Has a weird shut off, and has a very weird rev-down. In the video it sounds like there's a massive air intake leak- this was a loose hose and has been fix, but issue is still there.

Otherwise, it sounds okay. Will be running some seafoam through the intake plenum to clear what I can, it runs and it revs.
I ordered a new TPS and of course as soon as it arrived, the codes disappeared.
Now just the airbag light, but I'll worry about that last.

See this video for the slooooooow rev-down from revving, in the video it sounds like there's a massive air intake leak- this was a loose hose and has been fix, but issue is still there.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

See this video for the weird shut down
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Did you ever get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing, especially with the weird suction noise. I’ve replaced TPS/IAC and cleaned MAP. Does not like cold starts and will die until you get some heat in it, holding throttle around 2k.

Did you ever get this figured out? Mine is doing the same thing, especially with the weird suction noise. I’ve replaced TPS/IAC and cleaned MAP. Does not like cold starts and will die until you get some heat in it, holding throttle around 2k.

Replaced the MAP and TPS/IAC like 2 times, same issue.
It's the intake manifold.
You need to clean it out; essentially a massive vacuum leak that is not letting enough air into engine so it dies.
After it warms up, my guess is the gasket reseals and is why it can idle fine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back