The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Turbo Rebuild Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There are a lot of people on here that are turbocharged. There are also a lot of people on here that wish to do their own work instead of taking it to a shop. If you fit in both then this is the review you want to read.

After a lot of searching in the past there are still questions pertaining to blown turbos and what to do. While there are a few options, this is going to be for the ones that made the decision to rebuild it themselves.

The kit in question is a TD05 rebuild kit available from here. The sellers name is Greg and is a great guy to deal with.

I have purchased this kit in the past and it was all that it was made to be, a rebuild it. It was organized well and had all the parts needed/available if you had to make use of them. After installing the rebuild kit on my Evo 3 16g, the noise and smoking went away and I never had issues again.

The parts are of quality material unlike in most Ebay kits and fitment is good. While it's not an OEM kit, it is however a fraction of the cost for great quality of materials and parts. I highly recommended this kit.

So for anyone that is needing or wanting to rebuild their own turbo, check out the kits available from tradergreg on eCRATER - online marketplace, get a free online store

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've used and installed Greg's TD05H kits in customer turbos before when the customers wanted a super-cheap job or occasionally when they supply their own parts. They do fit and perform like Scott states, and they even include a new heat shield that most kits do not include. This saves you a lot of time when attempting to remove the carbon and oil coking from the backside of your old heat shield.

My only complaint is that while the kit gives you the compressor seal collar for flat-backed compressor wheels (14Bs, some Frank 20G's), they do not give you the oil shield for the flat-backed wheels. This can lead to a little confusion if you mix the wrong seal collar to the wrong oil shield...like the picture below:

Attachments

• turbo23.jpg
    turbo23.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 614
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back