The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Turbo Rebuild and upgrade companies?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TsiTuner

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2001
Somewhere, Louisiana
Hey fellow Tuners, I have a bolt on 60-1 that has been sitting in my garage for years. Since i'm close to putting the car on the street I want to have it rebuilt BUT i'm interested in any sort of upgrades that might be available. You know like bigger wheels, etc. What companies would ya'll recommend and why?

I would not recommend anyone other than Justin (JusMX141). His work is top notch and he is extremely knowledgeable on turbos. He has gone above and beyond to help me on numerous occasions. Every turbo I have bought from him or had him rebuild has lasted until I got rid of it for something bigger. The only time one failed it was my cars fault entirely. I sent it back to him and he was able to help me diagnose the failure and guide me in the right direction to correct the issue.

You can check out his trading profile here:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/trade/jusmx141.60709/

I don't think any one has anything bad to say about his service.

Here is a link to his page if your looking for information about his services:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/journal-bearing-turbocharger-rebuild-service.510432/

Doesn't hurt to ask him regarding the upgrades. But if you do just go with a general rebuild, he is the go to.

60-1 compressors are already too-restricted by DSM-flanged turbine housings anyway. There's no "upgrade" you could possibly do to make this turbo work better aside from losing the DSM-flanged housing and going T3 with an a/r of .63 or larger.

^^ That guy knows his stuff. Thanks for the holset btw Justin! I got it the other day and I've been too busy dancing around with it to thank you. Best bet is to figure out what your goals are for the car and build around that.

If you do upgrade to t3 that's gonna cost you quite a bit of cash.. so I'd recommend you give a horsepower goal and what you'll be using it for and between everyone that's commented we could recommend a few good turbos for a decent price.

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. I have heard nothing but good things about your work Justin.

60-1 compressors are already too-restricted by DSM-flanged turbine housings anyway. There's no "upgrade" you could possibly do to make this turbo work better aside from losing the DSM-flanged housing and going T3 with an a/r of .63 or larger.
Could you direct me to an appropriate sized turbine housing? I may go that route instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back