The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbo head on no turbo car? interchange possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hate_thmpr

Probationary Member
Mar 14, 2009
Glencoe, Minnesota
i know i am a noob with the DSM's. i just bent 4 valves in my head. found outlast week. have been searching since then for a "new" head for my car. essentially a used head. i know that i should have it resurfaced and new guides put in. im currently unemployed. just wanting to know if the head will interchange with the turbo head. and if i can do anything else that is cost effective to get my 1g back on the road. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks folks for the help in advance.

as i said before. thank you. this really helps. looking for all the information i could find about this car. looks like i may have stumbled upon this site within time. thank you all for all the information i can get.

i knew this site was the best for getting assistance. and you guys have proved it. not everyone is all up on the lingo but i did post a 1g head. so that would not be a 420a motor.

What makes you think he has a 420a? Last I checked they were still putting 4G63's in the N/T cars back in '93. :thumb:

Nowhere in the description did the OP state if it was a 2g N/T head or a 1g N/T head.. So its a valid thing to ask..

Exactly right. Any 1g 2.0 dohc head will fit your car, turbo or not. I've had good luck finding nice 1g heads in the hyundai section of the junkyard on the older elantras. That's where the head I'm currently running came from.

Nowhere in the description did the OP state if it was a 2g N/T head or a 1g N/T head.. So its a valid thing to ask..

Well you must have missed this little tid bit of information then:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So the OP's profile says he has a 93 n/t and he specifically mentions he is working on his own car... Hmm, I wonder where I got the idea we were dealing with a 1g? And I never said it wasn't a valid thing to ask.

ok guys just got some info not sure if its correct.

- is the compression going to be the same with the turbo head? i was told it would be alot lower.

- dont know if i am missing anything else with this swap. im still trying to get all of my info on it.

thanks guys.

ok guys just got some info not sure if its correct.

- is the compression going to be the same with the turbo head? i was told it would be alot lower.

- dont know if i am missing anything else with this swap. im still trying to get all of my info on it.

thanks guys.

You should only have to switch a cam out to complete the swap. Good luck, make sure you have the head freshened up. Have a machine shop check to see if it needs "milled" aka making sure the mating surfuced is true so it seals well with the head gasket. Also valve stem seals would'nt hurt.

To the OP... Turbo 1g cars have a lower compression ratio than non-turbo 1g cars. The reason for that is different pistons. The heads are the same.

Exactly right. Any 1g 2.0 dohc head will fit your car, turbo or not. I've had good luck finding nice 1g heads in the hyundai section of the junkyard on the older elantras. That's where the head I'm currently running came from.

Well you must have missed this little tid bit of information then:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So the OP's profile says he has a 93 n/t and he specifically mentions he is working on his own car... Hmm, I wonder where I got the idea we were dealing with a 1g? And I never said it wasn't a valid thing to ask.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE HEAD GOING IN GUY...

But good luck to the OP anyways!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back