The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Turbo Feed Oil Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

architechnik

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 21, 2007
Glad, Oregon
I've had an oil leak for some time, but it's not where I expected it from. I thought it was from a small gap in the oil return passage along the head gasket, as the oil appeared on the gasket overlap by the front passenger side of the head.

It turns out that it was from the oil feed line, so I added a little torque to make sure it was tight, but it just seemed to keep turning. I figured the head was stripped, so today I was prepared to retap the threads and try again.

When I removed the bolt I found this:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Does anyone have an idea of how this would happen? I have another 1g that I stole the bolt from for now, but that bolt has a tapered end. I'll have another one on order, but I think I'll order one for the other to make sure it's the same bolt as the one I stole.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back