1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

General TunerPro question regarding Boost/MAP readings

Posted by Havoch, May 30, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Havoch

Havoch Proven Member

Joined Apr 15, 2019
    Mission, BC, Canada
    So, just curious if anyone knows how to edit the .adx file so the boost readings can be corrected. I have come to find that the values shown on the dashboard are not copacetic with my boost gauge and when adjusting cells for timing, fuel, etc.... I can't rely on the log value and have to extrapolate as to what the boost gauge is reading at the same time. Annoying.

2. lasthope05

lasthope05 Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    The stock boost gauge in the dash isnt a real gauge so there's no way to make them line up.

3. Havoch

Havoch Proven Member

Joined Apr 15, 2019
    Mission, BC, Canada
    lasthope05, not referring to stock boost gauge. thats just crazy talk.

4. allmine104

allmine104 Proven Member

Joined Nov 7, 2011
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Make sure your Map sensor is scaled properly would be a start...if the xdf/bin is set up for a 3bar and you have a 4bar...

5. Havoch

Havoch Proven Member

Joined Apr 15, 2019
    Mission, BC, Canada
    I don't know if it is "scaled" properly but my MAP scalar is set to 70.31%. The .bin is set up for 3 bar map and i am using a GM 3 bar map.

6. allmine104

allmine104 Proven Member

Joined Nov 7, 2011
    Atlanta, Georgia
    what readings are you getting with key on engine off?