The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tsi Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jello_Rolls

Probationary Member
Jul 12, 2002
Pleasant_Hill_Ca
I was wonderin, are TSI, the turbo car all the tyme, and if so, how do u distinguish the awd from the 2wd

Heah thanx, i wasnt lookin for a smart ass remark i know that, but buy the name of the car, TSi or GSX, does this mean awd and turbo, or just turbo, or what.

all the 2g's i've seen with awd say TSi AWD. I don't know about the 1g's tho. And i don't think 90gsx was being a smart ass. If you wanted that you should of said that specifically

later

ok ok i am srry for callin him a smart ass, i didnt phrase the ? speciffically, srry 90 gsx

It wasn't meant as a smart @ss comment, that's the only way to know 100% for sure if the car is AWD or not.

Some owners debadge their cars, some put innapropriate badges (IE GSX on an GS, or the Infamous Type R)

My car has been painted, and I have not replaced the GSX badge on it, so the only way you would know for sure is by looking underneath. (or watching me launch it :) )

In general Tsi means turbo, but not necessarily AWD. GSX is AWD and turbo.

i dunno if im correct, but on certain 1gs i think that TSi meant turbo and all wheel drive, and it wasnt until 95 (2g) when they seperated the two...

:dsm: jay

Actually 1gs are the same with the 2g's, i was looking for my talon tsi, and i came accross a regular Talon TSi badge and Talon TSi AWD badge. They did seperate them, it'll say AWD on the sides and in the rear...and if u don't beleive the badge u should look under the car.

1G TSi are majority AWD but there are a hand full of FWD turbo that are still badged as TSi unlike the GST and GSX which distinguishes between AWD and FWD.

I believe it is the same with 2G TSI Talons as well. I could be wrong but i could have sworn i saw a 2G TSI Talon FWD.

If the car is completely stock and no badges or stickers have been removed then it will say AWD on the Talon right in front of the rear wheel.

You can always take it out in the rain and spin em and see what happens :D

If it is on a car you already have might as well just look under it. If you are thinking bout getting a Talon TSi and not sure if it is FWD or AWD and the person selling it doesnt know. Well you can always look under the car or get the VIN and call the dealer. They should be able to referece it and tell you for sure. Or if you have a CarFax account punch in the VIN, it will tell you there also.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back