The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Trunk support after removing spare?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w1kk3d

20+ Year Contributor
May 8, 2002
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
After removing my spare, the fabric cover thinger sags down when anything sits on top of it... anyone fab up some kind of support for this to sit across where the spare was?

I noticed the same thing when I took out my spare that the hatch floor was pretty flimsy. I haven't done anything about it yet, but I was thinking just throw in a piece of styrafoam that is tall enough to support the floor. Cheap and lightweight.

timm he is talking about how the floorboard isn't stiff enough to support stuff you put on top of it. With the spare in the well, the floorboard rests on top of it

I'm planning on making a new one. Mine is pretty beat up. The fabric and the board itself. So I am going to make a new one out of a little thicker wood. And re-do the carpet a nicer material. Haven't really figured out what material but probably something like felt or fleece.

Yea, what they said ^^^

The particle board is like 1/8" thick.
Doesn't even hold up to the weight of my skateboard. :notgood:

i took out my stock one traced it on a piece of particle board from home depot and made a copy. The problem is that you can't mount it the chasis. I broke my stock little plastic things and now I can't keep the damn thing from moving. Good luck fellas, I've been putzing with this for two years....

It shouldn't be moving -that- much if you copied the original?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back