The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Trunk/Spare tire cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuJay

Proven Member
Aug 16, 2016
Wadsworth, Ohio
I need to find the spare tire cover/trunk liner thing that is supposed to be there. when i bought the car it didn't Have one and I want something to cover it. Where can I get one?

(excuse my elbow taking up some of the left side, and the jack and stands in the back)

Attachments

• IMG_3957.JPG
    IMG_3957.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 307
You're best bet is to hit up the junkyards, as you'll wind up having to pay a lot for shipping through a place like miller import parts, if you can even find one in good condition.
I made my own out of plywood (make a template out of cardboard first) , then got a roll of auto carpet from Walmart (black or grey $8) and cut to fit. It's actually much better than stock and can hold the weight of a speaker box, toolbox, etc.

is that a full sized spare? i dont think the cover isn't gonna fit with that spare.

I made my own out of plywood (make a template out of cardboard first) , then got a roll of auto carpet from Walmart (black or grey $8) and cut to fit. It's actually much better than stock and can hold the weight of a speaker box, toolbox, etc.

This is exactly what I did. I used 1/4" press board because that's what my dad had laying around in the basement. I replaced all the carpet in the interior though so I got a precut trunk piece from stockinteriors.com.

Makes a great place for a meth tank:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I wonder if you could buy one of Front line (there's an extra space in there, for some reason it was replaced by asterisks, maybe I missed some forum drama?) Fabrication's aluminum panels that are meant for replacing the tire well. I haven't looked at them closely but... I would think you could instead of cutting out the tire well and riveting it in place just lay it over top and use it as a trunk floor.

I wonder if you could buy one of Front line (there's an extra space in there, for some reason it was replaced by asterisks, maybe I missed some forum drama?) Fabrication's aluminum panels that are meant for replacing the tire well. I haven't looked at them closely but... I would think you could instead of cutting out the tire well and riveting it in place just lay it over top and use it as a trunk floor.

I'm running one and it fits perfect. Bolts in using the existing holes. I went so far as to cut out the well and use sealant around the FF cover to keep wind noise out. Weight reduction bro.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back