The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

spare tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Take the box out when you need to get to the spare.

If the box is permanent... either drive spareless or design the box so you can still get the spare out (like im doing for my 2G)

I just ran into this problem. I've got a small truck box with a 10" woofer. It fits snug between the upper rim of the hump and the back of the backseats. But I still had to remove the spare tire. As of right now, the tire is sitting pretty in the "for pets only" seats.

Ahaaha keep it in your garage and just call your friend if you need something. I personally keep any stock parts that ive taken off my car in case I need to replace something. Lol even my stock exhaust is still in my garage. If its a big deal then get Triple A if your a wussy. LOL! Ive only had my tire blow out once, serious PITA was driving around with the tire and getting a new one, not getting someone to pick up my spare.

I have it out, Not that I really care about weight reduction but it does remove a quick 20 pounds, not to mention that I cant undo my lugs anyways.

i have mine in there right now, but ill probably take it out. when i had my old truck, i just left the spare @ home, and if i had a flat, i would just call someone to get it. can be a PITA, but at the same time having a flat is a PITA.

I took mine out but now my box wobles back and forth on the bracket. Anyone know if I can cut that out or is there something underneath it?

1992LaserRSAWD said:
I took mine out but now my box wobles back and forth on the bracket. Anyone know if I can cut that out or is there something underneath it?

yeah uhhh the gas tank !!! You have to make a false floor out of plywood .

this is the reason i have no back seat in my 2g not that i need one (not that there is much of one anyway) i just built my box to fit where the back seat was and that took care of the whole problem except now i need to buit ne pods for my rear speakers and move them because the stock ones are covered over half way by my 2 15s in the box

I took my spare out and left my sub box in there and the weight of the box broke my trunk floor, so if ur gonna put a sub back there leave the spare in too since it acts as a support for anything you put in ur trunk. (####in hatchbacks) ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back