The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

TRE FWD 5th gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RamenPride

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 18, 2002
Virginia Beach, Virginia
anybody have this on their FWD? says on their site that it is 8% taller and you don't have to remove the tranny to install it. i was thinking of getting it since it's relatively cheap, just wondering if anybody knows exactly how hard it is to put it.

wow i've never heard of this but i'd really like to know about it as well.

It would be very easy. Remove end cover of tranny. Using impact wrench, spin off two big nuts holding gears on input and intermediate shafts. Pull old fifth gear off (driving and driven) and slide the new ones on. Reinstall nuts, lock in place and reasssemble. I could probably do it in 30 minutes (minus draining tranny.) Make sure you drain tranny first.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back