The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Transmission/clutch problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsmdaniel18

Probationary Member
Jun 12, 2018
West Valley City, Utah
So I was driving on the freeway and then my car shut off I thought my battery wasn’t connected completely (I had disconnected it earlier today to get rid of a code) so I just started it again and kept going and it kept shutting off so that’s when it really considered me then I decided it would be safer to just get off of the freeway and I got stuck at a red light so I put my car in neutral and as soon as the Rpms went down it completely just turned off after that I was having trouble starting it after it finally did and I took off I left a cloud of smoke, I thought I was overheating but my temp gauge was good and so was my oil gauge, after I finally got home I noticed that It won’t start when it’s in gear but it will when it’s in neutral, also once it’s on and I try to put it into gear it shuts off, I was thinking it would be the clutch since it started to smell like burnt clutch for a minute but idk something about it just starting in general is throwing me off I was also hearing a noise that resembled a throw out bearing I’m really new to dsm’s im mostly used to Honda’s so I have no idea if this is a typical problem

Why don't you charge the battery with a trickle charger, & get back to us. Do some research. Also your sentencing structure skills are terrible. Fix it.

Google - (Problem + dsmtuners)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back