The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Automatic transmission problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungy

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2006
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
I'm posting this up for my friend (tehehodi). So his Auto 2g recently started having problems with the transmission, the car drives forward when in neutral, it roll back a couple inches and then drops out of reverse, and has some bad shifting problems in drive. We tried checking the fluid today and its clean and not burnt at all but we cannot get a good consistent reading on the dip stick. We followed the AT fluid checking procedure running through the gears and then checking it in neutral, maybe the problem is because the dipstick tube had to be moved for the vrsf front mount? I'm attaching an in car driving vid to see if any of you AT guys can help out.

http://youtu.be/ok7IT1X0ZVM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back