The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

transmission problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigpoppa4674

15+ Year Contributor
May 17, 2003
FloridaUS
My transmission will not go into second gear well, it will but it grinds when i let out on the clutch??? 3rd also grinds a bit when it first goes into the gear. 1st, 4th and 5th work great! help? synchro's? forks?

More than likely, your synchros are worn out

are the syncros replaceable? if so how much?
cause my 1st and 3rd are worn a little too.
kinda puts a damper on going fast

I would say that the syncros are bad for sure. The parts themselves are not too terribly expensive......I would just get the whole transmission rebuilt if i were you. There is no sense in taking it out of the car and tearing it apart without overhauling the whole thing. Get ahold of John at Shepherd Racing, he can get you set up.

Open up your trans then you will know whats wrong, This just happened to me. I let it go for 5 months. I just opened my trans this weekend and I think its not rebuildable. Its a gaint paper wieght. Good luck.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back