The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Tranny Swap - Auto to Stick

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supamanasteel

Probationary Member
Jun 10, 2003
FloridaUS
hey, i was wondering if this is something that can be done, and if its hard to do...and about how much it would cost...any info would really be appreciated.thanks

It can be done for sure, but the level of difficulty and the expense varies between cars. My shop charges between $300-$600 plus parts depending on the car. You will need the hydraulics, lines, and a different computer (usually) and of course the tranny to do the swap.

I've done it :p

It is not really that hard. All you got to do is take out the old tranny, put the new one and all of the parts in.(basicly that is all you have to do.)

there is a vfaq on it. YOu don't need a new computer for the first gens

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back