The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink TPS adjustment via DSMLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGst98

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2010
Concord, North_Carolina
My question is how important it is to see .49 and 5.0? (I can't find this answer no matter what question I put into google)

Or is it get as close as you can?

First want to state I have no idle issues or no drivability issues, and I'm hoping this is an easy question. This is the first thing to do as I have read and just want to make sure it is within the window.

So I have followed a couple threads on how to set TPS sensor as mine was out of wack, just barely per threads. (Just put in dsmlink and they say this is where to start). Mechanical timing is on point. I have read that it should read .49-.51v closed and 4.9-5.0v at WOT. I can only get it at .51v then 4.76v (I can't move throttle plate by hand, it's fully open) Then if I adjust to get 5.0 open it is at .71 closed and at 2%. (There is a little play with cable, plate is fully closed can't push closed at all)

I have adjusted my throttle cable to fully close and fully open when car is at normal operating temp, as couple threads stated when it gets hot it tends to shrink. I have cruse control deleted with proper throttle cable. Don't think there is a thread I havnt read on this, I just want this to be right before. I move on.

Any tips on correction if correction is needed would be appreciated, as I want it to be correct before. I sta

Thank you. That number helped me find this. :banghead:

https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/dsmlinktpsadjustment

I have been reading into to tuning threads all weekend.

I know this isn't even super important part, Im just trying to understand a new language (inside an ECU) there is 4 threads I was reading stating the .49-.51 and explaining how to get it there. I was unable to.

Thanks this is answered and hopefully helpful :idontknow:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back