1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

ECMlink DSMLink won't display TPS or ISC

Posted by squid267, May 17, 2013

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. squid267

squid267 Proven Member

Joined Jan 14, 2012
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Just finished up a 6 Bolt Swap on my 95 GSX. Now tune it. It starts but can't get it to idle. I think I could tune idle better if I could get values from either TPS or ISC but both are grayed out when I;m streaming. Any ideas on this?

Thanks

2. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I dont recall the isc being shown when streaming just the tps adjustment, make sure its hooked up and are there any codes for the tps. If you have a idle there may be more of a problem do you have any boost leaks? It may be a problem there since you just did a swap. Look into that first.

7K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. squid267

squid267 Proven Member

Joined Jan 14, 2012
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Could be correct, but both values should be shown when I start the car correct? I'll run boost leak test ASAP.

4. Twinturbo120

Twinturbo120 Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    Check out this video, goes into good detail

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng6llVYSq4w[/ame]

Street Build 455  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. squid267

squid267 Proven Member

Joined Jan 14, 2012
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    ^^ Already have! Following that guide and then i couldn't continued because I could see TPS

6. Twinturbo120

Twinturbo120 Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 14, 2010
    Miami, Florida
    Well damn LOL Even with the car off?

Street Build 455  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  7. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Whats the idle doing have you set it with link, is it low or high, what numbers is it surging, did you use the tps adjustment steps?

7K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  8. squid267

squid267 Proven Member

Joined Jan 14, 2012
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    idle set to 1000 rpm (high I know) surged from about 2.7k and low 100-200 and died. if you are refer to dsmlinks automated tps adjust no because i cant see the value therefore cant adjust anything

ps im confident I can fix my idle issue it just i cant get the tool (dsmlink) to report info (tps) i need to fix it.

yup, TPS is plugged in and looks good. ill recheck wiring. i just think it cant be a coincidence that both tps and iac are grayed out

9. squid267

squid267 Proven Member

Joined Jan 14, 2012
    Worcester, Massachusetts
    Both issues resolved.

1) TPS was greyed out because I had it as displayed (F9) but not captured (F10) value. Same for ISC.
    2) It idles (surging between 1k and 2k mind you) after corrected the fuel injectors settings. In addition of Calculating Global fuel you need to find global deadtime.

Thanks guys. almost back on the road.