1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Tow strap

Posted by Jonnychance, Oct 12, 2019

Tags:
Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. Jonnychance

Jonnychance Proven Member

Joined Jul 2, 2017
    Cashmere, Washington
    Is this a viable tow strap point for the front of a 98 eclipse gs fwd? It's right by the front cross member.

Attached Files:

2. red_devil

red_devil Proven Member

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Cape Coral, Florida
    Nope. That's where your radiator ailment pins go into. Its weak sheet metal. The cross member right next to it is a much better spot.

2K  9

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  3. Jonnychance

Jonnychance Proven Member

Joined Jul 2, 2017
    Cashmere, Washington
    Okay it looked kind of weak but I wasn't sure what it was yeah that's where I jack up my car the front crossmember so I figured it would be okay but I figured I'd ask

4. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Yeah dont use that spot. Either the lower cross brace or find a way to mount it through the crashbar and to the chassis rails.

I did the rails but i made custom mountings for the crash bar but its a strong placement.

If you have it low just be aware it could snag on something

Look at this as its another thread on mountings https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/tow-strap-mounting.519984/

Road Race Build 8K  10  50

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM