The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Tips on installing FMIC + piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IIv SHaDoW vII

15+ Year Contributor
May 8, 2007
Topeka, Kansas
Looking for tips on installing FMIC and piping.
I got a FMIC kit from punishment-racing that I am about to install and I would like some tips on how everyone installed it..
Also saw that some people use the copper rtv gasket maker around the aluminum piping to create a better seal.. Is this a good idea?
My plan is to assemble most of the piping before installing.

Also, where can I find a gasket for the evo 16g J-pipe inlet?
And, where can I find a gasket for the intake manifold?

I searched for the above 2 gaskets myself but many links are outdated so I was wondering if there was a newer link with better prices.

TIp # 1 don't be afraid to cut the bumper cover up a little bit.. Although most things are now sold as "direct fit" they seldomely fit without some modification. don't get carried away with assmebling piping before installing. Usually it's broken up in places because it can't be assembled or installed as one complete piece..

Tip # 2 as long as their's "beads" on the ends of the pipes and you're using T-bolt style clamps there's no need for any sealants or anything..thats mainly people using hose clamps or piping they cut and had no way to put a bead on it to hold it from slipping off

gaskets, the j-pipe is easiest to make one from gasket papaer, the intake manifold usually has to be bought in the top end rebuild gasket kit, unless you mean some other intake but that's the only one besides the throttle body that gets a gasket

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back